Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Anything further to improve VC performance of 737 NG ?

I've been simming PMDG jets in FS2004 for a long time now. I recently dug out the NG series for the first time in about a year and after migrating to Triplehead2go. I loaded up a 737-600 in VC mode, the only mode I fly in these days because of TH2G. I was very disappointed at the low frame rates spread across all three screens. Takeoff at KSEA with 20% Ultimate Traffic at night was a mere 10-13 fps and jerky compared with at least 50% more fps and greater smoothness in the PMDG Queen. The gauge refresh rate was atrocious too and there were times when nothing moved or got refreshed on the upper EICAS for several moments. On a couple of occasions I even thought my LCD screens had frozen but they had not.I checked all of my nVidia display settings carefully and fiddled with FSAA (set to 4x all the time) among other things, but no significant visual improvement. My DISPLAY settings inside FS9 are mostly full right or 2/3 to 3/4 right for everything and I decided to leave them as-is because the sim is generally very fluid with the rest of my enormous fleet including The Queen.Is there anything else I can try doing to improve the fluidity of the NG in VC mode with my set-up? (I have no plans to migrate to FSX until I have a deuterium-cooled 12 Ghz machine with 10 Ghz of VRAM.)Thanks.Jonathan

Jonathan,That's just old VC tech I'm afraid. The NG 2.0 is the answer, it'll incorporate all the technology behind the Queen and then some...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>Jonathan,>>That's just old VC tech I'm afraid. The NG 2.0 is the answer,>it'll incorporate all the technology behind the Queen and then>some...?Roll on 'NG 2';-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest sunbear

The NG's got my vote also. IMO it should have been before the Queen, but I like them both. Maybe the 'NG' a little more than the Queen, but not much....Regards,jack

I love the NG dearly but not in VC mode in FS9. I won't be seeing it on FSX for quite some time as I've no plans to migrate till I have at least double my existing processing power (currently 3.80Ghz) and then some.Jonathan

>Well the NG2 will be FS9 as well so that shouldn't be a>problem! :)Excellent news Ryan. You have made my day, thank you. :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Ryan,is it confirmed that it will be both for FS9 and FSX?Robert Randazzo said "The PMDG 737 NG2.0 is now currently expected to be released as an FS9 and FSX compatible product" and although English is not my mother tongue, I interpret that as it's likely but not 100% sure.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Hey, that would be great if true. I'd buy it in my sleep!Is it for FS9 as well???Jonathan

That's our anticipation: Dual platform.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Wow, that's great news, Lefteris !I just thought of something: will we have to uninstal our PMDG 747-400s in order to instal the new version of the 737NG? I recall that things had to be installed in a very specific order with earlier versions?Jonathan