Sign in to follow this  
Guest lespindo

B747-400 PMDG,Honolulu,DME ARC,ILS 8L, Instrument,RAW D...

Guest lespindo

Dear Friends!!This is the Honolulu,Hawaii,DME ARC,ILS RWY. 8L, Instrument Raw Data."Remember!! You can request ATC.In flight Simulator (IFR)todo these instrument procedures, so that you can add some spice at the bigining or at the end of your long flights."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DOWNLOAD THE CHARTS AND ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Flying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!# 1 http://www.dailymotion.com/Lespindo2/video...rcils-8l-1_tech# 2 http://www.dailymotion.com/Lespindo2/video...arcils8l-2_tech

Luis-Got home and rushed to the site to check out your video- nice job on the DME arc- thank you for the VC cockpit shots- I really appreciate you remembering. My buddy Steve and I are planning to try some of these approaches soon- keep it up- we appreciate your work!I remember hand flying DME arcs in a Mooney 201 many years ago and can't wait to try and hand fly the Queen through this procedure- I imagine I'll spill some champagne in First Class the first time through ;)!Thanks again, and please keep posting these videos- I really enjoy watching them.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Luis, again great video! You should consider putting together an instrument flying video for the 744. These are really helpful, keep 'em coming! Thanks, Joe

Guest lespindo

No!! only A flight simulator Captain.. and student pilot. Have you seen My other videos??

not yet but i will get to it, you sound like a professional in your videos!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest Callmecapt

That was pretty darn good. I'm definitely going to have to get one of those hardware FMC's for myself.I'll be trying some similar approaches too.Thanks for the video, Luis.Much appreciated.If you can, please make some more.Goran

Amigo Luis,Many thanks for your videos! I learned a lot watching them.Allow me a request (or suggestion): could you please reduce the aircraft sounds? They make it hard to understand what are you saying and this is what matters in these videos!Again, many thanks.RegardsEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Decent video. I can echo the other comment above, dropping the sound ,or at least wind noise, to make the vid would provide a more enjoyable experience for the viewer.I can't honestly remember if I ever tried a DME Arc in FS. I'm so inclined to fly the way they do in the real world, and I know ATC hates DME Arcs, so you won't really get them too often in the U.S. at least. I suppose a few places still use them often enough, but most Class B airports are busy vectoring for visuals, S-ILS, or issuing RNAV procedures, so the Arc is frowned upon. Sooner or later, RNAV will be it, except for a possible lingering non-precision into each airport for those who really need it. Personally, I like RNAV approaches. Some people actually think they're hard, but they're easier to me. Obviously when flying a non-RNP equipped plane, then you're screwed unless the plate uses a VOR radial as it's initial IAF. I'm most turned off by NDB or VOR Arcs just because they seem unnecessary, at least a large number of them. The LDA, such as those at PHNL and PAJN are more fun to me because of the last minute turn on short final. The weather into PAJN is always so low visibility, it just adds to the whole experience, especially with Glacier Bay installed.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest lespindo

Hi Chris!Thanks for your comments and for watching the videos.I now that 747 pilots will never get the opportunity of flying a DME Arc Raw Data, but It's nice to now that you can perform all these procedures. So spice up your flight with Instrument Flying.It will only make us better simulation pilots. "Anyway that's what aviation is all about"!!!!! Happy Flying!!!!!!!!!!;)

Guest fjshepherd

I enjoy the challenge of flying a DME arc, always fun. In the sim I have to program a VOR/RAD/DME type fix every 10 degrees so it will follow the arc, but is this the case in real-life? Is there an arc setting that I can use?

Guest lespindo

Hi Francis! 10 DME will give you a very nice arc. Some people use 20 DME but it doesn't look good. So I would use 10 DME.Why dont you try flying the arc Raw data? Im sure you will feel much better, and with practice it will look better than the FMC arc...;)