Sign in to follow this  
Guest Callmecapt

recommendations for new hardware

Guest Callmecapt

I finally have enough to buy the FMC from Simmarket that is compatible with the 747. As soon as I saw it, I thought, this has to be something worth getting. But I noticed there are no reviews. Luis, I noticed you had this FMC. Is it worth the money? Does it enhance the realism?Any advice would be appreciated. I think it will cause my marriage to break up if it's as good as I think it is because I will be on the sim 24/7.Goran

Goran,while I don't have the CDU I intend to buy it myself and have therefore been listening carefully whenever I hear the CDU mentioned.Consensus seems to be that it's a GREAT product that reallly adds a lot of realism. I think some at PMDG has it and if you check out websites created by guys building sim cockpits, you will find the CDU everywhere! It does cost a lot and you also have to add the cost of buying the driver for PMDG, but I think it's worth it. So I am saving for it myself and trying to come up with inventive explanations that I can present to my wife... That giant display with lots of buttons around it? Naah, it's just a calculator I bought - you know the bigger they are the cheaper they are...As for your next purchase, I strongly recommend the CPFlight MCP and EFIS! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

As an alternative, have you considered buying a small touchscreen monitor and using it as a dedicated FMC unit? Admittedly the tactile experience is very different, but it's a great deal cheaper.Tim Morshead