Sign in to follow this  
Guest michaelpece

PMDG 747, not impressed!

Guest michaelpece

Hi,New user.Hi,Got the PMDG 747, though "oh, best FS download plane, ill get it"The nose wheel dont turn when u turn!I cant see the colours on the PFD! (attitude indicator)and ive seen videos of the OMDG 747 getting tire blowouts on hard landings!Why is this happening!Please help! PLEASE!!!Mike

I'm gonna take these one by one.>The nose wheel dont turn when u turn!From PMDG ops."You must be moving forward a slight amount in order for the nosewheel to rotate, or you have enabled the Autorudder setting the in the Realism section of FS9 and need to disable it.">I cant see the colours on the PFD! (attitude indicator)Can you post a screenshot?>and ive seen videos of the OMDG 747 getting tire blowouts on>hard landings!I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Are you expecting the plane to get tire blowouts on landing?

Guest michaelpece

1st one...i am moving and autorudder aint on, they dont move!2nd one= gimme a sec or 23rd, i saw a video of a PMDG having a tire blowout caused by a hard land

Mike,The problem is, your trying to fly an airplane that very nearly matches the abilities of the real 747-400, like you would your Cessna 172! The PMDG 747-400 does an excellent job of modeling the real 747-400 and based on your post it is obvious that you have not read most of the extensive manual included with the PMDG 747-400 to help familiarize yourself with the aircraft.The Nosewheel steering (as well as body gear steering) are fully modeled, but as covered in the FAQ on PMDG Ops and in numerous previous posts on this forum, they will not animate if Autorudder is enabled in the Realism options in FS. You need to go in and turn off Autorudder in order to see the Nosewheel steering. If you continue to have trouble, make certain you have the appropriate Hydraulic system pressurized or the system cannot operate.The "Colors" on the PFD come from the IRS system and as such, if you have failed to initialize and align the IRS, you won't have a horizon ball or ND compass as the aircraft is unsure of its attitude or location. This is covered extensively in the Type Rating Courses avialable for download from our website and in the included manual that was installed with the software and I would highly recomend you download and complete them to help familiarize yourself with the aircraft and its systems. The Landing gear was modeled using the same limitations as the real aircraft and was extensivly modeled by our Aeronautical Engineer on staff to have realistic limitations based on the size and momentum of an aircraft this size. That being said, if you are proficient in landing a 600,000 lb aircraft, there is a known issue with certain airport pavements modeled in FS at specific airport locations (usually non US) that create issues when landing large aircraft. This is also covered extensively in several previous postings. Regards Paul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest michaelpece

Thanks!Can u just quickly tell me how to do this hyd pressure thing? plz?and AUTO RUDDER IS OFF!

Michael,Hyrdaulics are on the Overhead panel left side. You really need to take a read through the manual as it will do wonders in helping you understand what you are seeing and the try Type Rating course 1 which will help you set up the cockpit properly for flight.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest michaelpece

right,all done!No yellow warnings on the EICAS only park brake!I can turn but the wheel wont twist! I CAN TURN!

Mike,Please sign ALL your posts with your real name - forum rule even if your username is your name.Here's a link to the Type Rating Courses too, highly suggest you go through them as they'll teach you how to use the airplane realistically:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/down/docs.html

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest michaelpece

Thanks,One more question...What is OTBD CRT SELECTOR and whers is it, i know a guy whos had if for ages and he dont knowMichael

Keep in mind that this is an extremely accurate simulation of the 747 and that real world pilots go through about five weeks of training to learn how to fly it properly. It will take a good bit of study to learn how everything should work.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Mike-Might I offer some thoughts? There are a great number of us that fly the PMDG 744 frequently and value it. There are a few, Steve Bell, I and others, that fly it almost daily, devote ourselves to learning the intracasies of systems management that it offers, and dedicate our simming almost exclusively to this platform. That said, your casual dismissal seems a bit hasty!I can say that at least in my case, most of the "issues" I experienced, were directly attributable to my lack of time in type, and lack of knowledge in systems and flow. I am attempting to rectify that with study. I find it personally satisfying to think I am begining to understand the operational processes of taking some 700,000lbs of airplane, some 7000+ miles, and doing so in a safe and efficient manner. I would suggest that the overall experience offered by PMDG is superior to most- and only understood after some time spent with the add-on. I echo the sentiments of a senior captain who said that for the first 100 odd hours, first officers are only button pushers. It is only after the operational procedures become rote, that the subtleties of layered systems become apparent.Please read, digest and then re-read the manual. Most of your questions will be answered. Those that aren't can be answered by the experts here- we are fortunate to have several real world 744 pilots and engineers in our circle- they haven't been stumped yet!I realize this post asks for you to commit a significant amount of your time to this platform- but that Mike, is the only way for you to realize the depths of your inaccuracies. She is far from perfect-I have been one to vocalize the need for an update, adding systems and operational modules, but she most definitely doesn't deserve this post's title.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper