Sign in to follow this  
Guest iflyc77

Holds...

Guest iflyc77

Is the a tutorial somewhere explaining holding procedures?I could not find anything in the manual, and trying to figure it out solo has been only a little bit sucessful...So some info on how to fly holds in the PMDG aircraft would be appreciated "DTIA,Trace

Trace:From the HOLD page, you can down-select to HOLD AT- any fix/waypoint. There is a inbound course you select (leaving the racetrack to go to the IAF or next fix) and choose L or R turns. That info comes directly off the approach plate. EXECute and your off to holding perfection! Mmake sure LNAV and AP is active. There's even a loiter/efficiency speed suggestion which can be selected/or speed intervene actioned. Truly and amazing box!Enjoy- and play with it until you are comfortable. Nothing to prevent you from holding at several waypoints (off-line of course), descending in the hold, going to next and holding all over again! Fun, fun, fun (yes, I know I need psychiatric help ;) ).Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest iflyc77

Yes, that is exactly what I did.I made a 3 hour 744 practice session (this was online though) from BFI SEA_CTR was very cooperative with my holds and missed approaches with engines missing and aborted takeoffs :( Thanks!Trace