Sign in to follow this  
Guest Viper_726

Nav Data problem

Guest Viper_726

I have no idea how this could happen... When I fired up the 737 yesterday it did not have any data in the FMC for EGLL. Then I noticed that loads of the Nav data was gone in the FMC. Mostly all the runways were gone. Any idea how I can solve this? I am using the CD versions from Aerosoft, so this is NOT some copy that I found on the net.Did not try with the 747 yet, but from I understand they use the same database...Peter Johansson

Guest Viper_726

Sorry that I did not mention what I did... I have never used any of the new cycles. If I buy and install a new one, will that give me all the waypoints back? Or should I try to reinstall the 737/747?But it might be worth mentioning that I did add some SIDSTARS for different airports.Peter

Peter:You didn't mention where or when you updated navdata (SIDSTARS and ARINC). Assuming this is done, the next thing to do is verify you have a SIDSTAR file for EGLL. This will be in the .../PMDG/SIDSTARS folder filename EGLL.txt. You also need ARINC data from Navigraph, which puts files in the .../FMCWP/NAVDATA folder.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

I recommend using the AIRAC data to get started, they just recently started including AIRAC and SIDSTARS so it's like one stop shopping.See also an article on SIDSTARS in PMDG Ops: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARS which explains what all this navdata stuff is and other sources.As mentioned, you need to have EGLL.txt to see the runways and approachs at that location. You didn't mention if you checked this.There's a couple of good sources for UK procedures including planepath.comIf you don't want to buy AIRAC, you can probably still get a free copy of cycle 0609 from them, but you'll eventually run into problems if the AIRAC and SIDSTARs aren't the same date (due to different fixes, runway number changes etc.)Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Viper_726

I am still fighting with this stupid AIRAC upgrade. I got the new cycly, and installed the whole thing. At first it seems to be working quite okay, but after a short while I noticed that some waypoints are missing. From what I can understand the new cycles have some new things added, and some removed (as in real life).All fine for real life navigation, but not worth much in FS9... Is it possible to find a copy of the original FMC database anywhere, or should I install the 747 all over again?Peter

Peter-Each time you update the AIRAC (with procedures) it overwrites the old. As fas as preserving your SIDS STARS, go ahead and update at Navigraph, then download the bundle (or just your favourites) from navdata.at, then get Dan Downs cycle updates and Steve Bell's UK SIDS STARS. I have all my added favourites in a separate folder, so its just a matter of selecting all wna pasting into the PMDGSIDSTAR folder, to replace the now missing files.Hopefully, I haven't been too confusing. If you follow in those steps, you will replicate my install procedure (fairly standard) and you should have the latest files, as well as your favorites that are not included/updated in the Navigrapg lot. Of course, you might update those favorites as they are released!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Just to make one point absolutely clear from the above, if any of your SIDs or STARs for EGLL include a waypoint that is NOT in the AIRAC then they'll all vanish and it'll appear as if you have no SIDS and STARs at all. As a result it's somewhat vital that the SIDs and STARs match the AIRAC which is one reason why the new cycles from Navigraph are a god-send since they should always match.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Guest Viper_726

First of all I would like to say thanks to you guys! I am finally starting to understand how all this FMC data seems to work.Just wondering here... What cycle did the 747 install as default? And did the cargo version also come with a new "FMC cycle"?Also I am wondering if I should use some flight planning software? I have a feeling the the FS9 planner I use isn't the best way of planning your flight.Can anybody recomend something I should use?Peter