Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightgamer

Preferred AOA on rotate?

Guest flightgamer

Hi, i have the NG, and i was wondering, can you guys give me some input on what you guys usually rotate to on liftoff... personally, i usually lift to and hold 8-10 degrees until the wheels lift off, then i fly the FD bars, which can be from 15 degrees to 22 degrees.... oh well, i just want to be sure i am doing these things...

>and hold 8-10 degrees until the>wheels lift off, then i fly the FD bars, which can be from 15>degrees to 22 degrees.... Just a technical but important correction. These angles do not represent AOA but simply pitch, there may be a significant difference between the two.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Guest flightgamer

i will check the tutorials out, thanks... :)

I fly the -800 for a living and we do pretty much what you are doing. Don't exceed 10 degrees pitch until the plane is off the ground to avoid a tailstrike then follow the flight director.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

>I fly the -800 for a living and we do pretty much what you>are doing. Don't exceed 10 degrees pitch until the plane is>off the ground to avoid a tailstrike then follow the flight>director. Can't do any better than that! Another RW pilot/PMDG fan- that's what I love about this forum and this platform! Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest flightgamer

HEY, thanks bud, i found it in the manual that 9 degrees is perfect for my -700, but to have a real pilot confirm, it feels great, THANKS :D