Sign in to follow this  

C47A Textures for the DC-3_TDM aircraft

Hi everyone,Well I have finalised the textures for the C47A aircraft. With Jan Visser's consent.I have created these texture for the DC-3_TDM.zip aircraft file.I have now created the BLANKS for default Olive Drab scheme and a Brown scheme. Plus two nose art tests for this livery.http://www.gjsmith.com/images/c-47-3.jpgYou can choose to have either Yellow or Green for your cowl covers for the OD scheme or Yellow or Brown cowls for the Brown scheme.If you want to have a look at several other screenshots of these primary textures, and some nose art, then visit.http://www.gjsmith.com/textures/c-47.htmI am now ready to take requests for liveries for this aircraft for release to the flight sim community. These textures will all be freeware.RegardsGarry

Hi Trev,I will be doing the metallic effects with the GMAX version when it is released. However, I very rarely release the blank textures as these are the hardest part to create for each reflective texture that I do and I am a little possessive of these blanks - willing to create and give away any textures with liveries and marking for free but not my master blank textures sorry.For example the blanks for the two C47A's has taken over thirty hours to create but I can add liveries and marking in about an hour and then pump them out easily.I have done both the brown and green versions (you referred to previously with images) but I do not have the font for the M2 and WB text - if you know where I can find it then please let me know and I can release those two as all the other stripes and marking are done.Garry

Hi Trev,It is a very square type font - like the M2 on the brown C47 that you posted - hopefully your military font might help - if their freeware then please feel free to e-mail them to Garry@gjsmith.com then I can finish off the brown and green one for you and post them to my site for download.RegardsGarry

Hi Garry, this is Don, not Trev. I'll send it to you soon. Don (not Trev! LOL!)

>>I will be doing the metallic effects with the GMAX version >when it is released. Garry, that is really something to look forward to, and if you do, can I please put in a request for the 1950's BEA DC3 livery? I recall the Airfix C47 had it as a civilian alternative, but as I was about 6 or 7 at the time, I may be wrong.... Perhaps the Ancient Brit can confirm?

Firstly Sorry Don for calling you Trev - was reading too many posts at the time. Thanks for your e-mail as well, I hope you got my reply about the font I need.Secondly - Crid - I have no doubt that there will be many many requests for the shiny effects for the new GMAX release - I imagine that many airlines used the DC3/C47 for their first aircraft and that the livery options will be great......Garry

Guest Javis

>can I please put in a request for the 1950's BEA DC3 >livery? Crid, Got this already done for a long time but FS2002 'got in the way' to ever upload it. It's the old FS2K model,if you can live with the stuck wheels and irry lightblobs drop me a note and i'll send it over to you.Jan

Very nice Jan! Upload that puppy! That's some nice paint on her.Don

Guest jaapverduijn

Holy cow Jan, that's looking good! Revives fond memories of various "schoolreisjes" to Schiphol in the fifties...By the way: would a FS2002 version of your great DDZ panel be in the pipeline someday? I like it immensely, and once the RLD have sorted its things out, the real life DDZ is the plane I'm getting a ride in as soon as possible. In the meantime I fly it every now and then on FS2002, but since it is basically FS2000 several things don't work, like the starting sequence. I'd like to divide my digital airtime kind of equally between the R4D and a fully functional DDZ (I'm a dedicated button pusher and knob twister), so purleeeeeese...? Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest Javis

Don : already waaay too much confusion about my new GMax model, don't want to add to that by starting to upload older stuff. Drop me a line and i'll be happy to send it over to you.Jaap : yep,doesn't it ! Especially loved the tours around the Schiphol premises in that 'little yellow train' :-) Would be great to have a rendition of the 'old Schiphol' in FS with all those venerable Connie's, Convairs,DC-3's,4's,6's,7's standing on the tarmac,wouldn't it ! :-cool About the DDZ, sure it's in the pipeline, GMax version with VC, panel and all, but it'll sure take a while, gauges will have to be re-coded to begin with and there's a lot of other DC-3 stuff lined up in sequence down the pipe as well.The new R4D needs to be outthere first, pity about the heavy turbulence we met along the way. We need those P&W's and Cyclones working here, come hell or highwater i'll contribute my mite! ;-) Jan

That's the one, and just how I remember her!):-jumpy Yes please, Jan! PS Apologies for the late reply, had trouble posting on the forum at the weekend (my fault, not Avsim's!)