Sign in to follow this  
Guest blackbeast

PMDG-GoFlight MCP Pro Hardware Interface + MD11

Guest blackbeast

Hello...Did you have nay information if MCP Pro goflight is compatible with MD-11 with the Hardware Interface , with nothing.... or not compatible...Thanks you...

(And you are?) - please sign your name as per forum rules... Thank you.The GoFlight MCP Pro is modeling a Boeing 737 MCP module. The MD11 FCP panel (the equivalent controller module in the MD11) is SIGNIFICANTLY different (push but also PULL action, different keys/buttons, etc.)I'd give it slim chances for compatibility - but it will depend on demand again, as most things in life :-).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hi there,as Lefteris said the MD-11 FCP is totally different form the B737 MCP.If you can't PULL the altitude, heading and speed selector such a hardware device would be useless for the MD-11 as you pull those all the time. Also missing would be the buttons on top of the panel for example for changing from V/S (Vertical Speed) to FPA (Flight Path Angle), also quite an important feature of the MD-11's autoflight system not present on the B737.And last but not least you'd have to re-label almost every button there is on that MCP.So unless every customer that buys the MD-11 also buys an FCP from GoFlight I don't see them doing one unfortunately...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Lefteris,I fully understand the point about the interface of the MD11 being totally different but what would suffice for me really is wether I could use the CPFlight MCP to change the values of heading, speed, height and VS in the MD11. I always fly in VC cockpit mode using Track IR. While pressing buttons with the mouse in VC wouldn't be a problem, touching that hotspot area for changing say the heading value can be a real pain. Flying exclusively on Vatsim, being able to quickly and efficiently do this with the MCP is really a HUGE advantage.I have absolutely no idea how the CPFlight MCP interacts with PMDG737 and PMDG747 except that it's based on the key assignments (and works flawlessly). So, if the key assignments remains identical for the MD11, would that somehow make it possible for the CPFlight MCP to control the mentioned functions of the MD11 too? I guess it's really a question for the CPFlight developers, or?

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Krister-CPFlight MCP? that's a totally different product. I was talking about possible future support of the GoFlight MCP Pro. CPFlight as I mentioned elsewhere would need to contact us anew, but until that happens, I am not holding my breath.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris,yes I know you were talking about another product, but what I really meant (although it probably didn't turn out crystal clear) was generally that a Boeing style MCP could still be of great use in the MD11 although the interface would be totally different. As long as I could use the heading, vs, speed bugs etc on the MCP to adjust the values in MD11 I would be most satisifed! I actually also sent an email to Paolo at CPFlight regarding the 737v2 as well as the MD11. According to him at least regarding the 737v2 as long as it uses the same logic with key assignment as the current 737 and 747, there is hope! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------