Sign in to follow this  

The future of msfs?

Is it true.. that microsoft won't come out with another version of flight simulator in the future..because they wouldn't have any competetion unlike past years with fly and fly 2?

I think they will. It's probably BETTER that they have no competition (at least, for M$ it's better ;))

I venture to guess this 'rumor' is of your own creation. Michael J.

Where on that post does it say rumor? I was reading something on the flight unlimited forum where somebody said that.

Guest jaapverduijn

Which is exactly the way rumors are born, grow, multiply, proliferate, and eventually die.

There will be no new Flight Unlimited. You probably misread that (or someone wants to harm Microsoft by launching more anti Microsoft BS and you fell for it).

What, Micro$oft not making a product because they will have market domination ??? (Although according to the AVSIM's survey they pretty much seem to have cornered the market anyway !!!)

PP2002That is a crazy assumption. Microsoft invest in FS to make money. If there is a decent market for a flight sim they will release new versions regardless of competition infact they will have a larger chunk of the market share if there is no competition for portions of that market.Will you get a better product with no competition? My answer has to be no as there is nothing better than competition to keep the Giant on his toes.Historically MSFS has been a bit of a slumbering Giant releasing new versions but with very unexciting changes in the new versions.Yes it did take FU3, Pro Pilot and Fly! to generate many of the features we enjoy in FS2002.My hope is that now that competition has gone MSFS doesnt slip back into its slumber years of new versions being just updates of older versions with a bit of tinsel.Peter

"Will you get a better product with no competition"no,you certainly do not.Microsoft has a monopoly right now,they can bring out whatever they want,the costumer will buy it anyway.

Guest JonP01

Gazzareth,Just a short spelling lesson. It is spelt M-I-C-R-O-S-O-F-T.

Guest daves0

and that, my friend, is the problem entirely....we will buy it anyway.Just perhaps, if we did not buy it anyway unless it deserved our $$$$, MS would come out with some fabulous new features. >"Will you get a better product with no competition" >no,you certainly do not.Microsoft has a monopoly right >now,they can bring out whatever they want,the costumer will >buy it anyway.

Guest devaio

What do people mean by no competition there is X-Plane which in someways is better than FS.

I was trying to make the point that there will be a new version of FS since MicroSoft make money out of it (that was what the $ was for). Perhaps I was being obscure and it went a bit over your head.

FS2004 wil have a lot of the existing code changed. The BGL file will be no more and backward compatability wil be an issue for scenery.Main reason is that MS also have XBOX compatbility in mind. An Airbus is to be part of the new aircraft set.Regards.. TrevVisit "The DC-3 Hangar"http://www.douglasdc3.comhttp://www.douglasdc3.com/1/dc3.jpg