Sign in to follow this  

The future of msfs?

It is amazing to me how a 2 line question can stir up so many post that doesn't directly relate to the qustion. In my opinion (and it is just that, an opinion) I think we will see many more versions of MSFS in the future; even though there is little or no competition in this market as of now. Why? Two reasons. 1- Just because the is little or no competitors today, does not mean there will not be tomorrow. 2- Even if MS is the only company out there developing FS software, sale of FS2K2 will evently dwindle to nothing because anyone who wants the program, will have already purchased it in the past. Then the only way to produce revenue from the FS series would be to improve on the current title and release a new version. I am not a business major but does anyone else agree with my logic?Thanks for listneing.Mark McLeroy

Hi, "1- Just because the is little or no competitors today, does not mean there will not be tomorrow. "I think we will see many more versions of MSFS in the future; even though there is little or no competition in this market as of now."Anyways ALL software developper ALWAYS looking for whats others have done, not only Ms."Even if MS is the only company out there developing FS software, sale of FS2K2 will evently dwindle to nothing because anyone who wants the program, will have already purchased it in the past. Then the only way to produce revenue from the FS series would be to improve on the current title and release a new version. "It's simply impossible to make this all in one, First the time is a problem, second, technologie always improving, so they simply can't do it on a single sim, there will be always improvment in the graphics ans feature technologie, limitation on frame rate is another issue, the budjet in the sim is another issue, don't think thats they have all the jackpot, this is not true, they have a budjet to respect. More feature and more realistic will be available each release because of the hardware technologie support thats will be available for them.Fs team is dedicated to have a long Msfs Franchise.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest B1900 Mech

One of my favorite quote's is, "If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorow, you are P#%&@!g all over today! Just enjoy what we have now! Jim

"One of my favorite quote's is, "If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorow, you are P#%&@!g all over today! Just enjoy what we have now! Jim"I am enjoy what we have now and can't wait to see the new version,Real simers never drop the actual version of Msfs until the next Msfs version!ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris,The problem is that $100 will pay you the sim, but you forget the extra $$$ for upgrade on hardware and that's what Microsoft is looking for. There was a time long long ago when hardware technology was far superior to the software available at that time. Today software is leading the way and hardware constructors have to adapt their technology accordingly. My guess is that in the near future, hardware will become a lot cheaper than it is today while software will tend to become more and more expensive.Cheers,Smalco

Smalco, I understand, but this is the technologie problems also, in 2004, we will have a cpu 4ghz? AGP 8X will be already available(nvidia and others). Ms is dealing with this, They will release fs2004 with limited feature and compressed terrain, limited weather engine to run this on all computer? All people are waiting for improvement and other stuff, I reapeat tons of time the FPS is a problem to dealing with, You will have the feature or not whats did you chose ? Fs sim is the most complex thing to do, too much thing to render at the same time. I prefers to have fs2004 with full feature and those have not the computer for this purpose, they will reduce the density, like fs2002..And don't forget Msfs is created for two years before the new version..ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest JonP01

>>I was trying to make the point that there will be a new >version of FS since MicroSoft make money out of it (that was >what the $ was for). Perhaps I was being obscure and it went >a bit over your head. Or maybe not, for unfortunately your original reference to Microsoft seems to be quite widespread in the internet community. In Australia, we like to refer to this problem as "Tall Poppy" syndrome.

Good call - unfortunately for them they make a big target !!

> All of these flight sim companies: WILCO, DREAMFLEET, PSS >etc need to team up with Microsoft. I would love to just >have to purchase one flightsim package and not have to worry >about all of the addons. >Notice that the orignal product is released, then over the next two years, the add-ons keep improving & raising the so called "bar" nearly each time. If you want the "best", then prepare to pay for it! It's not going to all come in one package, because technology keeps inmproving during the next few years . Besides, with not much new, that would be boring!....L.Adamson

True but my bank balance would have some well needed relief !!!!

>>True but my bank balance would have some well needed relief >!!!! Why do you think my "real" plane isn't done? $$$$$ :)L.Adamson --- accepting donations...

Hi Trev, "Cannot scare of the market with aircraft that are hard to fly can we?"I understand whats you are saying, there is tons of people only buy Fs to see the graphics and flying easly etc. BUT, they can open more the *.air files for 3rd party and improve the aircraft system as well. They just have to include the basic thing for the default, and let the 3rd party be able to works with the *.air files, also there is the slider for the realism. Ms should not be scared with this!!ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

well thanks everybody.. for your opinion, so looks like there WILL be another version in the future.

Hmm - if they didn't make money, they wouldn't be in business, and then of course - there wouldn't be a flight simulator.

Guest Scott Campbell

You have just defined the word "rumor".Certainly if it's on the internet, it must be true, especially if it's in a public (non-MS) forum where anyone can post anything.