Sign in to follow this  

The future of msfs?

Ah - so then since Honda makes a perfectly reliable car, they should never improve on it and we would all be driving 1981 CVCC's and still having to buy upgraded oil filters when the old one gets dirty.

Guest JonP01

>>Good call - unfortunately for them they make a big target !! Bullseye! :-lol

Guest Moghdad

I think Microsoft is on the right track with FS. Incremental improvement is fine. My first vote would be for better ATC, AI traffic, flow control, runway use, etc. Then it would be nice to see more complex weather and better visual presentation. If they have any time left over after that, improve the flight models and add more life to the ground scenery.Anyway I'll buy 2K4 regardless. Has FS ever been not worth the price?

Hi Trev,I have seen on several sites now, "rumours" that BGL will be removed from FS2004. Has anyone confirmed this from within Microsoft or is someone "testing the water" before actually doing this?I would have thought MS would have been more eager to release a Scenery SDK for FS2002 indicating this change by now if such a major step was being planned.Barry

In reality, there is absolutely no way that Microsoft is not going to put out future sims based on competition or lack thereof. I think it is more of a tradition there than anything else. And, even if they did not put out another, the one we have is great.

Hi, "ATC, AI traffic, flow control, runway use, etc. Then it would be nice to see more complex weather and better visual presentation"Well the ATC is clearly priority for Fs team it is in the insider "ATC are high on our list for future versions, as are major improvements to other important areas"http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02Readback12.aspWeather/sky system as well, you can read Trev post.. "Has FS ever been not worth the price? "Well for two years of use, it cost nothing for what I get from Msfs and the 3rd party freeware etc.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris,I am not sure why they want to keep this a "secret" then. Surely the earlier they tell everyone this the better and developers can work towards building scenery using whatever the new code will be based on rather than waiting to the last minute to tell everyone.Barry

I typically don't involve myself in such "heated" discussions, but I thought I would give my $.02 on this one.The MS FS team will be around a long time...look at the history of the product; it's been around for 20 years. I'm willing to bet it will be in production/development for 20+ more years. Why? Because it is a forever evolving product. FS doesn't just stop at what ends up on the shelves at Best Buy, CompUSA, or any other computer software dealer. It's the add-ons that keep the product alive, long after it debuts on the shelves.Do you scan the "new files" section of your favorite FS site daily, looking for the new, innovative, and exciting? More often than not, the answer is "yes." I admit, I do the same. I've been doing it for many years, way before I became a developer. Finding new, innovative, and exciting add-ons keeps this product alive, day after day. Don't you agree?The MS FS team is forever wanting to improve what was their previous release. It's human nature to want to improve and make things better. There will always be a market available for MS FS. When you add up all the people in the hobby: the users, the reviewers, the 3rd party developers, etc., you get a large consumer base that will be around a long time. You can count on my being a part of this hobby for a very long time.Regards,Owen