Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Flying online with FSX

Hi all, I realise this isn't a PMDG-specific post. However, as I would like to fly PMDG aircraft online in FSX, I am hoping moderators will allow this post.At present I can't fly online in FSX on the Vatsim network because Squawkbox hasn't been released (as far as I know) for use on FSX yet. So I was wondering if anyone knows when Squawkbox will be released for FSX or if it's not going to happen, what another way is to fly online on Vatsim?I hope that someone can help me with this because for me, flying online in a PMDG aircraft is the best simming experience whether it's the B1900 or the B747-400.Regards,

Matt,Yeah it's really not in our control as far as VATSIM clients being released for FSX... When they come out I'm sure it'll work.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

No, FSInn works. The problem is the developer has ceased making any improvements/updates, the proprietary weather causes problems, and there was talk of the development team loosing some of its members.That said, the latest beta on the MCDU site works with FSX and is the only client currently that does in Vista. Squawkbox 4 is in a closed beta and no one knows when it'll be released to the public.Regards,Jim Karn

Indeed, I've been flying FSX on Vatsim for many months now using FSInn as my pilot client. Yes there are one or two problems with FSInn's inbuilt weather (incorrect TATs at altitude causing speed problems) but that can be got around by using either FSX Real World weather or something like Active Sky X. FSInn does work well albeit a tad more complicated to setup than SB3 was and you do have to use the weather work-around but having said that when SB4 comes out I will be sticking with FSInn.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Hi Matt,First I like to tell you (and other VATSIM FSX-pilots ofcourse) that I don't want to provoke a discussion about what's the best, VATSIM or IVAO. I've never been a VATSIM pilot, so I don't know anything about it and actually it's not the right forum to.But my question is, why don't you come to IVAO ? I already fly online with FSX since the release of the B-763 Leveld. IvAp v2 Full Package is the software you need for flying online. All information can be found on the http://www.ivao.aero website. I know it's absolutely not easy switching from VATSIM to IVAO. Just take a look at the site and make your decision. Only one thing I like to tell, I'm just an IVAO pilot, absolutely not a staffmember or PR. It's only my answer to your question for flying online with FSX no matter what aircraft you are flying.Best regards,PeterBelgium