Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

PMDG 747-400X

Robert, one small question. We continually hear "soon", which is not of much help to us. I'd just like to ask one simple question. With 2 days left in this month, is it likely or unlikely at this point in time that the PMDG 747-400X be released this month? If it's unlikely to be released this month, can you PLEASE just say so? I'm not asking for the release date - I'll win the $20m lottery before that happens - I just want to know the chances of us getting it this month.Regards,

Guys we're really close to release but I can't guarantee it will be out in the next two days. We said we were trying for before the end of Sept. not that it would be within Sept. no matter what.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest thx1137

I can understand the frustration because there will be a lot of us that have been waiting a long time for your ships to arrive. Having not flown FS9 since FSX (I love the feeling of flight in FSX too much to use FS9 anymore) release I am looking forward to it too, I miss the PMDG 747 and 737!Hopefully FSXI will be more kind to developers backward compatibility! :-)Steven.

>I can understand the frustration because there will be a lot>of us that have been waiting a long time for your ships to>arrive. Having not flown FS9 since FSX (I love the feeling of>flight in FSX too much to use FS9 anymore) release I am>looking forward to it too, I miss the PMDG 747 and 737!I am begining to understand what Steven means, however, I am far too committed to the PMDG 747-400 and my airline's schedules to abandon FS9 at this point. I CAN SAY THIS- the Maule and Beaver in FSX are simply superb to fly, and the "feeling" of flight is FAR SUPERIOR in FSX! IF PMDG HAS DONE ITS BIT TO ALLOW THE 400X TO PERFORM WELL in FSX (for example, in FS9 I had to go back and mip map all textured individually to improve performance/assist with LOD) then I can whole heartedly say that I will move on as soon as BAV's ACARS works with FSX and either SB4 is released or BAV and PMDG work out their issues with FSINN (which I personally prefer but cannot use as there are issues with both PMDG and BAV when using FSINN).80% of my flying is restricted to the PMDG 747 and the superb Rick Piper HS748 (both for British Airways). I spend the remainder flying the Real Air SF260 and Spit, and the Dreamfleet Baron. Of all these- ONLY THE SF260 is currently ACTUALLY DESIGNED FOR FSX- and might I add is is FAR SUPERIOR to the FS9 version (which I own as well). They were able to make the same aircraft perform without compromise in FS9 and FSX (actually improving performance in FSX). I eagerly await the 400X release with cautious optimism.No matter if it released in the next 48 hours, or a few days, it can't be far away- and will signal the world of things to come. I hope PMDG has got it right, I hope, I hope, I hope (note crossed fingers ;) )Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest Scousefox9

Hopefully, the last of these 'unforeseen problems' will transform themselves into "foreseen problems" and hence will create "no more problems" (no sarcasm intended).Although I never thought I

>Hopefully FSXI will be more kind to developers backward>compatibility!Actually I personally hope for the opposite... (/me ducks LK trying to kill me :D ) I think the only way FS is gonna perform as well as other modern games is if they start over for real and that means losing all the bloat backwards compatibility brings.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest thx1137

Hehe, possibly, though as almost everything was broken this time around does that not mean they have started afresh!? :-)Steven.

Ryan-I am ALL FOR THAT in fact! I would like nothing more than for FS11 to drop all backward compatibility, which means bloated code, lots of possible code trees and a responsibility for developers (ACES and addon as well) to produce something that by default will not take advantage of the new stuff that comes out.I was really happy to read about Vista and DX10 - though that has now become a story of its own...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thanks, I have been downloading the new liveries, and I think that Virgin Atlantic, is still the FS9 version...I could be wrong.Best.Miquel Egea.