Sign in to follow this  
Guest heathfg

737NG Startup Question

Hi HeathThis is what I do rightly or wrongly but it seems to work.Start off with the default Cessna aircraft at whichever is the default airport.Starts with engines running. I then shutdown the engine , the master switches and the "key". but i leave the avionics master ON. Then switch to the 737 NG at the airport I want and the plane will be cold and dark. There are then lots of switches to sort out to get the plane ready for takeoff, and that is very enjoyable.best regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Heath_That will work. I have saved a flight, after setting up like John's method, and it worked out fine. The only issue seemed to be the position of the fuel cut-off switches. That said, I uninstalled the 737 ages ago, flying only the 744- in that platform you can save a specific flight AND panel state, so there are no issues whatsoever.I understand the NGX will have this ability as well.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

This has been discussed before in the forum. But here is what you can do; set up your craft the way you want, e.g. dark and cold at the airport of your choice, then go to "save flight as" and give it a name. Then when ready to go again, go to your saved flights, select the flight for your 737 and you'll be at the airport cold and dark. You can set up any number of saved flights at any number of airports without having to go through the Cessna default process.Jim

Why not used the 'Select a Flight' under the 'PMDG' flights. There is one in there!It's theme is 'picking up a brand new aircraft' from Boeing Field.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest heathfg

Thank You everyone for the help. I'll uses your idea's till I find one the works best for me, and look forward to NGX.

>Thank You everyone for the help. I'll uses your idea's till I>find one the works best for me, and look forward to NGX.If you use the one I suggested all you need to do then is to change your location to where you want it to be?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest tomahawk_pa38

All I've done is use the Cessna suggestion but saved flights all over the world at airports I frequently use and call them up in the Select Flight mode.