Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scousefox9

747X Multiplayer Sharing

Guest Scousefox9

Hey, I don't think this question has been asked before; would two people who had the 747x, the same livery and FSX Deluxe be able to share the aircraft on multiplayer?

Guest Scousefox9

Thanks Carl; can anyone from the team confirm?

Guest Scousefox9

Anyone at all? :9

This question has definitely been asked yes. ACES provided no documentation at all on how to do shared cockpits, so no, it's not a feature. If we do something like this in the future it will probably have to be a custom coded thing, like what the LSH MD-80 does...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Scousefox9

Is it usable in Multiplayer at all?

As Ryan mentioned this has been discussed concerning the 744X and at length in FS9 using other available add-ons. Try doing an advanced search if you

Basically unless the host aircraft conforms to the basic Microsoft SDKs for FSX (or the dev uses some other unique system), there is no way to transmit switches states, etc., because 99 percent of the time they use 'custom variables' that cannot be handled by outside apps. As a crude analogy, it's likes the variables are locked in a vault.That's why for FS2Crew I have to use simulated mouse clicks to get the virtual FO to be able to flip switches. I can't directly access or read most of the PMDG switches, but by using simulated mouse clicks I can get around this limitation more or less.(P.S. Simulated mouse clicks would not work for internet multiplayer).Cheers,Bryan

Guest Scousefox9

>These functions didn't transfer using>multi-player add-ons in FS9 and I am fairly certain won't work>in FSX.>It's possible I've misinterpreted the above, which may be a likely reason as to why I become confused about the terminology 'multi-player add-ons'. I'm uncertain what you define as a 'multi-player add-on'; Squawk Box or something? Unless you mean

Guest thx1137

It might help to separate the terms, there is multi-user and multi-player. FSX supports both but I think only the stock machines support multi-user. multi-user----------Where two or more players share a cockpit. Last I heard, I don't think any third party developers are supporting this because the doco hasn't been released by MS. multi-player------------This is where multiple player fly their own aircraft. E.G: The FS multi-player session, VATSIM, IVAO, etc.Steven.

Guest Scousefox9

Yes, that's what I

I was refering to your question as you defined it (or meant to define it). :)PMDG has clearly stated this is NOT a supported function for the 744X. So when you try it, your on your own.Will 747X work with a remote user in the same cockpit as the host user. If it does work, as discussed, most of the cockpit functions will not work for the remote user (I am not sure anything will work).Clear as mud huh?? :(

Guest rebounder

I'm sorry, my English is not so good, do you mean we can still use it for multiplaying, the only thing doesn't work is sharing the cockpit with others? I don't want to share, I just play by myself.

You may well be able to 'sit' in the other person's flight deck like an observer, but you won't be able to "share" 99 percent of the switches, levers and buttons.The 1 percent that you could "share" between you would likely be the landing gear lever, flight control column, and some of the light switches as they are usually tied to the Microsoft FSX SDKs. Pretty well everything else like the FMC, overhead and autopilot would use non-standard, custom variables that cannot be shared.Cheers,Bryan

Guest FlapsOut

>You may well be able to 'sit' in the other person's flight>deck like an observer, but you won't be able to "share" 99>percent of the switches, levers and buttons.>>The 1 percent that you could "share" between you would likely>be the landing gear lever, flight control column, and some of>the light switches as they are usually tied to the Microsoft>FSX SDKs. >>Pretty well everything else like the FMC, overhead and>autopilot would use non-standard, custom variables that cannot>be shared.>>Cheers,>BryanI think thats ok. What about getting the 'hot-keys' to all work, so we can use that? Like...set up 'hotkeys' and share the cockpit?I've noticed (and inquired) about some of the 'hotkeys' being assigned properly, but did not work on the FS9 versions.At least, if the 'hotkeys' were all working? We could pretty easily write a little Communications program to transmit that change to the 'Pilot's' aircraft.Just a thought :)Thanks,Michael