Sign in to follow this  
Guest djprem

Approach ARC

Guest djprem

Is it possible to enter an approach arc into 747, queen of the skies? How would I do this are there any guides?

Guest lespindo

Hi!!!Remember to sign your name!!!!!!!To write the DME ARC you write VOR+RADIAL/DME (xxx+yyy/zzz)then you enter it in the Legs page. You can use 20 or 30 degrees.The closer the better looking arc. Why don't you try doing it Raw data.Look at my videos..:) Happy Flying!!!!

Guest djprem

please provide links to video?Danil

Here is a link to Luis's videos:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchThis shows Luis flying the 14 DME arc to an ILS 08L landing at Honolulu (PHNL) using "raw data" rather than LNAV/VNAV. Out of interest and in case it helps to have a little more detail:The latest AIRAC cycle from Navigraph includes terminal procedures and includes many DME arc approaches, including the 14 DME arc at PHNL. To set this up with the latest Navigraph data you'd simply choose to land at PHNL 08L via the ALANA transition. If the approach isn't already in your navdata then to programme it yourself you'd use something like this (on the LEGS page, obviously): ...ALANA 220/3100AHNL181/14 220/3100AHNL191/14 220/3100AHNL201/14 220/3100AHNL211/14 220/3100AHNL224/14 220/3100AHNL234/14 200/3100AHNL244/14 190/3100AHNL255/14 190/3100ACI08L 180/3100...In that example, as you see, the arc is around HNL; so the fixes based on HNL are all 10 degrees apart (with the exception of the last, which marks the point at which to initiate your turn to 079 degrees to intercept the localiser); and the distance of 14 miles from HNL is constant. If you don't have CI08L in your database then you'd substitute something like HNL259/10 or /11.Sorry if all that's stating the obvious.Tim Morshead

The DME arc is included in my PHNL SIDSTAR procedures, as well as the missed approach arcs on the RNP procedures. I have also connected the arrival procedures to approaches for opitonal use. Hope you give them a try. The latest collection is in the AVISM library saved as file "cycle_0710_sidstars.zip"

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest djprem

Thanks alot guys :D

Guest ColdBear

Luis,saw your video's a few days ago and I do have one comment, not knowing weather your a real pilot or not, you would have failed a CAA IR check.Do NOT decent below the MSA until established on the arc! you will not know if you have sufficient clearance to the ground.(unless radar vectored) It would also just have been easier if you'd just go direct to ALANA. You also did not check the glide slope at the LOM (2300feet)Martin

Guest lespindo

Hi Martin, Thanks for your comment, but you missed the most importantobservation. I was Flying a B747-400 All by my self and without a first officer or safety pilot. HA!! HA!! HA!!;)