Sign in to follow this  

Posky 777 - PSS 777 panel merge

Guest Astrojet 112

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Guest Astrojet 112

Thanks John,Can you tell me exactly how to do that? Im new at this!Thanks,Astro

Guest flightpro08

Well, the "merge" process will differ depending on what FDE and air files you wish to use. If you like the POSKY FDE and air file, but do what John said and you should be good to go (I would also recommend you alias your PSS sounds.)If you want to retain your PSS FDE and air files (which I have done), then you can do what I did.1.) Move the model and texture folders for your favorite POSKY 777-200 into your PSS-772 directory.2.) Add these model and texture files to your PSS 772 aircraft.cfg.3.) Replace the default PSS contact points to the contact points that where in the old POSKY 772 FDE.4.) Search the POSKY forum for a good set of lights to use, there are a few differnt options, so find the ones that you like best.5.) Load up FS2k2 and enjoy!One thing to remember is that if you use the POSKY FDE and air files, then you will no longer be able to use the Load Edit program that comes with the PSS 772. Though, no matter what FDE and air files you use, you'll have a great model/panel/sound combo. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer

Guest Astrojet 112

Thanks Ryan

Slightly OT - What's the best "free" 777 panel out there forfs2k2.

Guest Imran K.

When you merge this....does it allow you to fly the POSKY 777 with the PSS panel in FS2004?

Guest Daniel Pimentel

As far as I understand the PSS 747 and 777 panels can be made to work with FS2004, but you need to know what you're doing, and it usually isn't completely functional. I'd suggest waiting for their new 777 instead.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Daniel:The PSS Panel can be used with full functionalility. Although the 777 panel can be transferred, to my knowledge all of the features do not work (primarily the FMC which negates it IMHO). I would be thrilled to find out that I am wrong about the 777 and know of others full success.There are a number of posts by myself and others regarding this issue archived over the years if you will do a search.Happy flying:RTH