Sign in to follow this  
NicholasB

So what happens next!! or not

We were told to expect the 747X within the month of September. That date has come and gone! and I have a slight feeling that the crew at PMDG were expecting this. So whats happens next? Do we have to wait a few more weeks with an aditional disclaimer (subject to any further bugs we may find).Please let us know whats going on!Sorry that I am seem synical, but I beleive we have all waited enough.Im offering you my hard eanred cash. Do you want it or not!Sincerely.

>>I must have missed that.>>Michael J.You did. I guess that this snippet from the lenghty Sep 1 announcement is what is being referred to:"....I would expect the 400/400F for FSX to arrive within the month. (standard disclaimer applies: if we find something wrong- we

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

The date on that post is september 4th, so I suppose today, october 3rd, still qualifies as "within the month" :-hahHowever, I'm quessing that the "standard disclaimer applies"!And that, in turn, would qualify for the standard reply: "OK, fine, we don't want an unfinished or faulty product do we?"And that's just the way it is...it'll be ready-when it's ready! And when it is, then it will get released...I know it sounds boring, but common sense sometimes is!Having said that, some news would be welcome too!Martijn

Guest AJ

Nicholas,Since you are so eagerly awaiting the 744X, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are familiar with the distinctive quality and support that PMDG provides with its products. With that in mind, stop panicing and use your head a little! No one promissed you that the product would be out this month. They simply gave you their best guess as to when it would be ready. What more could you reasonably ask for? Anytime you are dealing with something this complex, there will always be unexpected elements that make it impossible to accurately predict the exact date of completion. Heck, just a few weeks ago, Boeing delayed the first test flight of the 787, and unlike PMDG, Boeing DOES accept preorders. Neither their customers, nor their investors were pleased by this, but what can you do? That's life.On the brighter side, just days ago, Robert did confirm in this very forum that the release date is "rapidly approaching." Thus, I would take that to mean that for the most part all is in order. So keep you hat on, and wait patiently like everyone else. Whining will get you nowhere.Andrew

We're very close guys and we expect the release shortly if no additional issues are found in the release candidates we're now testing...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Andrew,Thanks for your comment.Yes I am eagerly awaiting the 744X. You are not? Feel free to assume that I am familiar with the distinctive quality PMDG provides with its products if you like. I will also assume that you are aware of various other members in this forum who expressed their disappointment over several months like I have now.Since you decided to provide such an eloquent instance of Boeing and the relationship to our beloved PMDG, then perhaps I may assume that your also aware of the problems that airbus has faced with its A380 program. Such as the billions of dollars in lost revenue, angry customers demanding huge discounts and compensation, lack of resources and focus for new products such as the now revised and delayed A350XWB programme, the high profile resignations of several major players who led the project, a defection of loyal customers, and worst of all; a major blow to the prestige of Airbus within the industry.On another note, and for your information, for several months Aerosoft were taking orders for the PMDG 744X and MD11 products on their website. they are no longer doing so, but i am guessing this is due a sound business decision to stop taking orders for a product which had been anticipated to arrive long ago, but unfortunately did not.Now,On the brighter side, as you refer to it, I am sure that when the 744X arrives it will be everything that we expected. My original post was not uncivil. I merely stated the facts and that we were told to expect the 744X within the month and that the date has come and gone. aside from that I wrote "Please let us know whats going on!" and asked if they wanted my money or not. If that offends you, then too bad.So with that in mind, I am sure you understand I don't like being patronized and told to "use my head a little" when what you mistake as winning is in fact a legitimate question to the developer.Nicholas

>Perhaps they were waiting for finalization of SP2...so they>can implement VC shadows?Not going to happen, it requires rebuilding the entire VC to do it and we just found out about that feature very recently ourselves...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hmm, wonder why PMDG and other developers tend to not say anything about release dates...Oh well, back to life.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest MauiHawk

>>Perhaps they were waiting for finalization of SP2...so they>>can implement VC shadows?>>Not going to happen, it requires rebuilding the entire VC to>do it and we just found out about that feature very recently>ourselves...Phil made it sound like as long as the model was developed for FSX (which your 747X was right?), it should be as simple as checking a box and hitting rebuild. In this case, I believe you over Phil. Steve.

"Very close" & "shortly". Just one straight answer for a change would be appreciated - do you anticipate a release in days or weeks?

They could wait until it is completely finished then post a release date a few weeks down the road.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Indeed it is, as demonstrated yet again in this thread. :)

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden