Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sam_Hampson

2 Questions - FSNav and Fuel Calc

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hello all.I have 2 quick questions for you all.I use FSNavigator with my PMDG 737 FMC and it is very good. Just select the 2 airports, create route and export to .rte file! Is there an export feature for the PMDG 747?My second question is...Is there a fuel calculator like there is for the PMDG 737? The 737 one helps me ALOT when using FS passengers so i can load the correct fuel.many thanks

Hi Sam:Welcome- as far as FS Navigator I don't know- I use FSBuild, or write from scratch or import from BA ACARS- sorry. I do know that the data set is the same, so it SHOULD work in the 744 if you just export the 737 data.In re. the fuel calcs- Dan Downs has written a super program for both Kgs and Lbs- just search here at AVSIM. My mate Steve Bell and I do our own calcs by hand and then sit in the cockpit and play "what ifs" with the FMC to verify- but thats a bit tedious for most. Also, I realize your nick name appears to be your real name, but please sign your posts- they're sticklers about that here. Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hello.I believe that 737 FMC files are .rte and 747 FMC files are .rt2 files? I thought they would be the same but obviously not.Regards, Sam Hampson

Guest Sam_Hampson

Sorry to be a pain but i cant find the fuel calculator file??Thanks, Sam Hampson

Guest Scousefox9

Indeed, you could always do the calculations manually using good old maths like myself, but most would't give it a second thought to be frank. It's a shame since all is supposively number :-). There are some good guides lying around I believe, for anybody who may be interested; i'll try and find one if I have time.

Guest Sam_Hampson

Many thanks for the friendly replies.747 FMC files are .rte so i dont know what i was talking about earlier! thanks for the helpSam

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hello again.FS has stopped working now :(When i select the 747 and click 'ok' i get the 'Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered a problem and needs to close' message :(. It seems to be pmdg_747400_main.gau that is the problem. I had to delete the pmdgoptions.dll in order to be able to play flight simulator, if i dont fs crashes after a certain amount of time (discussed in this thread : http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=135898&page=9 )Does anyone know what i could do?Thanks, Sam