Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

FMC problem. Origin: "Not in database".

I am trying to fly a PMDG 737 from RJGG and although my flightplan "RJGGRJAA001.rte" is accepted when entered in Co Route (LSK-L2), when I click on LSK-1L (Origin) in the FMC, attempting to enter RJGG as my start point, I get the message "Not in database".Never had this error before - I am not even sure what database is being referred to; the airport is certainly set up OK in FS9 (and also now in Ultimate Traffic). Can't find any SID/STARs for RJGG, but maybe that's not the problem.Looked at a dozen or so threads first, but can't see anything relevant. Anyone able to help here? How do I get this airport into whatever database the FMC is searching?Many thanks,Martin

The error message means your navdata (files in .../PMDG/FMCWP/NAVDAT) doesn't have RJGG. You could have the sidstar data (files in .../PMDG/SIDSTARS) but unless you also have the navdata things won't work. Conversely, if you had the navdata but not the sidstars you wouldn't get this error but you couldn't select a runway or a departure procedure.I checked the current cycle data from navigraph (0710) and they have RJGG in both navdata and sidstars. It could be you do not have current data?If you're new, you can learn more about this stuff by reading the article on sidstars in the PMDG OPS knowledge base ( http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARS )Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I'll check this out. I'm not exactly new to PMDG (had the 737s since they came out) but, although I know the operations & FMC pretty well, I have rather ignored a few areas, (such as the finer points of navdat & SID/STARs!!). I usually just import flight plans from FSNav) then set up the FMC & fly (VNAV/LNAV) - first time I have had data missing, as I say. Looks as if it may be time for me to start learning a bit more about this!!M. :-)

Dan,Whilst you are being so helpful, can I impose on you again? I am clearly at fault here, but do not see where to get the navdata for missing airports like RJGG or how to install it. I had, as I said, checked the usual SID/STAR site (http://navdata.at) but couldn't see anything for RJGG. Where did you check on this? No idea about how to update PMDG navdata at all. (If it's in the PMDG manual, apologies - I didn't see it earlier, maybe I missed it?).If you have a moment to tell me where to go (so to speak!!) and what to do to get the navdata & SID/STARs installed. (My FS9 PC doesn't have an internet connection BTW, so this needs to be done manually. I have updated SID/STARs before, but I must have done it via FSNavigator's auto update??).Thanks again,Martin

Many changes in the past year.Please note your error message is because you're missing that info in your navdata, not because you're missing the sidstar even tho you need it too.Navdata.at is no longer supporting uploads for PMDG because 1)The US govt pulled free data online for non-US coverage 2)Providers of free data for PMDG have had to either quit (as planepath might without donations) or revert to a pay-for-data service (as navdata has done with Navigraph.com ). Now that navdata has a commercial agreement he can only provide limited free support. On the minus side, free global data is gone; however, on the plus side the global navdata now comes with sidstars as well as airac data but there's a small cost.This is not good news for non-internet enabled computer users like yourself (I guess you're on AVSIM from someplace else?).There's a very readable (I hope since I wrote it) guide to all this at the PMDG OPs article I referred to earlier. There are many FSNavigator members in this forum but I'm not one of them. Sorry.

Dan Downs KCRP

Looks like I'll have to live without RJGG then! I'll survive, I suppose!M. :-)