Sign in to follow this  
Guest edgerton

Message says I do not have MSFS installed when installing CDU

Guest edgerton

I purchased the PMDG / Engravity interface software and key. When installing the software there is a message saying Installation cannot continue. You do not have flight simulator installed.News to me. I have just been using it. Additionally, this is one of those boxes for which the only answer is ok. there is no option to browse to locate MSFS 9.Anyone experienced this before. I would greatly appreciate a solution. I have tried the restart computer, check all other programs stopped etc etc.ThanksMike

Guest edgerton

I just found the answer...requoted below for anyone else who has the same question.Captains-As more of you are finding copies of FSX at your local software store- we're getting a few reports that in some instances FSX may delete some registry information related to FS9.We've been working with FSX for some time and find this not to be a normal condition- but it seems that a few of you are running into this- so I thought we'd post a notam here to help you out.The problem is essentially thus: All PMDG installes check for FS9.1 before installation. If the FS9.1 installation path is not present- then the installer will tell you it cannot run. The only way to fix this is to correct your registry.Another user this morning pointed out that our friends over at Flight1 have a useful freeware tool that will fix this for you- so rather than re-invent the wheel or tell you how to do it manually- I'd recommend using their tool instead:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryRun this tool- then you SHOULD be okay with your FS9.1 installs.... And pass your thanks for this tool along to Flight1. Robert S. RandazzoPrecision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com>I purchased the PMDG / Engravity interface software and key.>When installing the software there is a message saying >>Installation cannot continue. You do not have flight simulator>installed.>>News to me. I have just been using it. Additionally, this is>one of those boxes for which the only answer is ok. there is>no option to browse to locate MSFS 9.>>Anyone experienced this before. I would greatly appreciate a>solution. I have tried the restart computer, check all other>programs stopped etc etc.>>Thanks>>Mike