Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

400X Timeline is shaping up, FINALLY!

Anders-hahahahahahahTell you what- since i'm always being criticized for not responding to customer feedback- I'm going to put your idea into motion immediately. Anyone willing to put up $400,000,000 for their copy of the MD-11 will be provided with our estimated release date, and if we miss that date we will gladly refund your money to you at the rate of $250,000/week. :-pYou know- this "being agreeable" thing is really starting to agree with me. :-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Johan>Have you concider any new effects? like realistic spray from>engines when wet runway, heat effect, vapor on wings upon take>off ect. We have added a number of new effects, including water vortexes trailing from the flaps and wingtips during wet conditions....>paper plane. In real life the shock absorbers sway more than>one time upon landing. I miss the feel of the plane shaking>and cracking during taxi. The feel that the 747-400 for>example really weighs 400 tonnes. Whether the oleo struts compress one time, or many depends as much on the skill of the pilot as anything. (For example- no airplane I have ever piloted required more than one compression stroke on the oleo struts. :-p No really.... honest... :-p )The 400 has a significant amount of mathematics involved in the animation of the main landing gear. Some of the "logic" (included in quotes because some things in FS9/FSX can't really be described as logical...) for the landing gear animation process cannot be overcome- but we do our best... This will be true in the upcoming 400X, the MD11 and the NG2.0...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

>Anders->>hahahahahahah>>Tell you what- since i'm always being criticized for not>responding to customer feedback- I'm going to put your idea>into motion immediately. >>Anyone willing to put up $400,000,000 for their copy of the>MD-11 will be provided with our estimated release date, and if>we miss that date we will gladly refund your money to you at>the rate of $250,000/week. :-p>>You know- this "being agreeable" thing is really starting to>agree with me. :-)>>Hi Robert.Nice to see that you

Guest sunbear

"And the NG2.0."Oh YES, you definitely got my attention on that one and a big :).jack

Robert,>>Have you concider any new effects? like realistic spray from>>engines when wet runway, heat effect, vapor on wings upon>takeoff ect. Wonderful news! Really looking forward to incorporate the Queen FSX into my vitual fleet... >We have added a number of new effects, including water>vortexes trailing from the flaps and wingtips during wet>conditions....>>Whether the oleo struts compress one time, or many depends as>much on the skill of the pilot as anything. (For example- no>airplane I have ever piloted required more than one>compression stroke on the oleo struts. :-p No really....>honest... :-p )I think that my sometimes not perfect English confused you a bit. Of course the struts dont fully compress several times, however on for ex. the 737 when I have watched some clips the struts compress nearly fully on time, then sway less and less for say 2-3 times, this during a 1-1.5 second duration. This is what I ment by the feeling of weight, when I look at the videos I can really see that the 737 weighs 70 tonnes upon touchdown. This is what I feel is missing in flight simulation in general. Is it hard to develop this kind of sense of weight. I wouldnt call it ground effect but, I think you

>>Is it hard to develop this kind of sense of weight. I>wouldnt>>call it ground effect but, I think you

Ryan, Robert, glad you guys liked it. :)What can I say, I get a little loopy so late in the night. haha

Guest Scousefox9

>Come on guys!!!!>Release it now!!! ;( >>NickHahaha I had a brief moment earlier when I thought they were because the site went down, but seeing as now It's back and unchanged; I can only conclude that I was a victim of "wishful thinking" :(Not long now *fingers crossed*. My pc has been giving me nice BSODs lately so I'm trying to resolve that before it's released; but I'll save that for the tech support forums which so far have left me tea binging :-lol.

I also hope the Aerosoft MCP747 drivers will be available for the 400X, as this is the only "real" B747-400 MCPMany thanksMichel

Guest boxel27

Robert, I noticed the default aircraft in FSX when viewing from spot view have a change in engine sound(s) as you circle the view around the aircraft as it would sound in real life. This is only in FSX. Will the 400X feature this sound model also?Nathan