Sign in to follow this  
downscc

SIDSTARS Updated for Chicago O'Hare (KORD)

Now up in the AVSIM FS2004-Flight Plans library, file "kord_sidstars_0710.zip" is a revision of the procedures provided in the Cycle 0710 Collection. I have redone the dozen NOATC departures included to augment the single vectors-only DP to provide a more realistic departure for the 744 and reworked the connections between STARS and approaches.Happy contrails.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan:I fly KATL-KORD quite often, will download tonight and use soon- I don't think we say thanks near enough- I for one use your or Steve Bell's work almost every flight- and appreciate all the hard work that goes into producing the file! I was helping Steve with an issue and only then was it that I paid attention- the file in question was 10 pages of written code/text- and that was ONE airport!We download dozens if not hundreds without quite appreciating the hard work needed for EACH!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I noticed in flightaware a chinese carrier hoping between KATL-KORD-PANC-.. in a 744. Thought that interesting.Thanks for the kind feedback.

Dan Downs KCRP

J78 & J96 are routes (Jet routes) in the US, they exist from (typically) FL180 to top of controlled airspace. Simply enter TRM (direct) PKE then use J78 as the route to DRK.. etc. On the RTE page in the FMS, the route goes on the left and the fix on the right.Both PKE and DRK are fixes on the route (according to a copy of the 0708 cycle I have at work), otherwise you'll get an error for trying to connect a route to a fix not on the route.You can look at the navdata file wpNavRTE.txt, do a search for J78, and you'll see a list of fixes that define the route. In my version it goes from LAX to EYW via PKE ABQ HVQ and a dozen other VORs. Sometimes I'll have to look at this file when I get a not-in-database error and slightly modify my flight plan to match the navdata.Hope this answers your question.

Dan Downs KCRP