Sign in to follow this  
springbok204

Need some help and finer flying advice

BenYou know, when I started this topic, I was looking for a simple explanation for something that I guessed I was doing wrong. I didn't realize that VNAV is so complex. It actually works out great for approaches and the like as I can program altitude and speed restrictions and it all works out just great.But I see now that VNAV is actually a pretty complex topic. So complex that even real-world pilots struggle to understand it. I find that amazingI intend to purchase that Mike Ray book at sometime in the not-too-distant future. Can I ask if it helped you to understand better how to fly the 747-400?

Hi, Yup, the book helps a lot (e.g. when to press to TO/GA button..), but don't expect it gives a very detail explanation or description of the aircraft. It is also very entertaining, a 747 manual that makes people laugh... ben

Ben / Kirk-Mike's books are magnificent- and I STRONGLY recommend them to the simmer who wants to learn and enjoy the complexity of PMDG's simulations fully.We have modeled the behavior of VNAV very very well. This has taken a significant amount of time and effort- and it operates as nearly flawlessly as the airplane itself.I have written a tutorial on the use of VNAV in a very complex approach to KLAX... Give it a try- as it will teach you how VNAV can make your life easier- and it will also give you an appreciate for how much work went into this part of the simulation!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com