Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

New FSUIPC beta causes Hot-starts on the 744

I couldn't decide if I should post here or over in Pete Dowson's forum first, but I thought another 744 owner could confirm my findings before I do.Basically, it appears that Pete's latest incarnation of FSUIPC beta v3.763 cuases engines 2 through 4 to hot-start with a EGT of 512 degrees and no EPR. For some reason, engine number 1 seems fine. Now this was only tried on the United P&W variant but numerious times with the same result. As soon as I reverted back to FSUIPC v3.75, all seemed well again.It didn't seem to matter if it was a auto-start or manual sequence, 2-4 always went to 512 degrees and no EPR.Appreciate anyone who's able to confirm my findings before I let Pete know.FSUIPC v3.763 Beta is available from Pete's forum here:http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...196d808b9898372

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Pete's notes that some response times might have changed especially on some slower systems. (The definition of slow is variable here.)As he requests notify him on his forum if any timing problems occur and this may indeed be related. He has one of the PMDG 700s but I can't recall which one. Let him try it.

Guest kdundon

I had the problem you had also with my install of the 744 which I correc ted by replacing it with version 3.75. I thought I did something wrong but now I see it wasn't me after all. I shall post on Petes forum later. Ken

Same here, the last three betas, produced unexpected errors and failures; back to 3.75 and everything is OK, again.Miquel Egea.

Guest kdundon

I tried beta 3.756 and it worked just fine. I took some pics of it but the files too big to upload here. Ken

After working with myself and Ken, Pete was able to identify and correct the problem with his latest beta versions of FSUIPC3, specifically v3.759 through v3.763. The latest beta, v3.764 fixes this issues noted in this thread. To avoid this issue, use the latest full version 3.75 or beta 3.764 or later.And, whoever at PMDG insinuated "operator error" should be flogged!

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Thanks, I have made two little tests with 3.764. Both worked very well, but noticed some strange issues with throttle during take off acceleration, I couldn

Al-congratulations for your hard work being detective for this. I am very glad that you three solved this problem, seemingly without any help from anybody else :-).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg