Sign in to follow this  
evoras

737NG ILS problem

Just in the last month or so, when on approach my a/c tracks the LOC way right of the beam. It captures fine, but the pink dot at the bottom of the PFD lines up on the far left dot. I've tried at multiple airports with the same results. I've tried other a/c at those same airports and they work fine. I removed and reinstalled the PMDG 737NG and it still does it. Any ideas?Thanks,Ed Voras

Ed,Check that your magnetic deviations are not zero.E.g. Go to KJFK 31L. Your magnetic heading should be 314. If not some scenery you installed creates trouble.Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

OK I checked, its lined up correctly. Now what? I also noticed that when I'm flying a route that it flys right of the track.Ed Voras

Ed-Can you post a screenshot for us to see?The NG is using an older version of the map drawing process- and if you space your navigation fixes unrealistically far apart- the curvature of earth may cause what you are seeing.On normal legs it will not, however... and of course whether the airplane is left or right of course would depend on your direction of flight. ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I'm not sure if FSUIPC is involved in the PFD display display on localizer settings/reporting but have you changed the version lately? I am using version 3.75 with no problems.I base this on the history of one much earlier version causing coordinate reporting problems when calculating wind effects. This resulted in off course wind correction.Perhaps something similar is occurring.

Guest SparrowHawk7

I'm experiencing the exact same symptoms, Ed. I'll be curious to see if anyone can pinpoint the problem.Ken

Guest SparrowHawk7

I had a bit of time this afternoon so I did some experimenting. FSIUPC was version 3.75 and everything else was spot on. So I decided to uninstall all of FS9, wipe the directory and reinstall ... except to take things slowly as far as addons went. I've got the 800/900 addon as well ... so I did small flights after each installation/change - the 737-600/700 first (plus update) and that worked fine. Then updated the FSIUPC from 3.40 to 3.75 (free version), then the rest of my stuff and each time it was wheels down on the numbers. Beats me what went wrong before, but it seems to be straightened out now.I had a small problem a couple weeks ago where I accidentally changed inches to hpa and I had the devil of a time finding the "switch" again ... I wonder if it's possible that I could have clicked on something around there that got things FUBAR ... oh well, as long as things are good now I won't stress over it.Thanks for your help and suggestions, guysKen

Come to think of it, some navigation packages have a switch to change headings from magnetic to true. I do not know if this is modeled in the 737NG series.This has something to do with flying in the polar regions where magnetic deviations can become unstable and extreme. I do not recall where I picked up that information but I do not think I'm fantasizing here. If that switch is modeled and it was accidentally set, then that could be a problem source.I am not where I have the documentation so perhaps someone else can straighten me out.