Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

Which Flight Planner to opt for?

Guest cliffie1931

If FSNav was available for Vista/FSX, and for the soon-to-be released 747-400, I would have no hesitation in using it.However that's not the case and I'd therefore be interested to learn what Members use and why.My primary need is a Flight Planner that: 1. Offers a logical approach STAR into the destination runway.2. Is easy to useNot essential but desirable is a moving map, including the aircraft, from which detailed information can be gathered.Cliff

I use FS Build 2 - no moving map but it's got some really powerful features and produces dispatch papers that look a lot like the real thing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Sam_Hampson

Can you export flight plans to the PMDG with Fs Build?I used to use FSnav but im sure thats what i causing my problems with fs, so i may not be able to use it in the future.Sam Hampson

Guest cliffie1931

Thanks for the tip Ryan.May I ask if it works with FSX under Vista ?Regards............Cliff

Cliff,Under Vista Home Premium, I have been using:RouteFinder (available standalone or from within FSBuild 2) to create a route with/without SIDs,STARs and NATs.TOPCAT to plan my takeoffFSBuild 2 to export my route to FSXTOPCAT to plan my landingI hope this helps,Regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Guest cliffie1931

Richard I've found Topcat.com but it doesn't appear to be a Flightsim site. May I have the link please?I'm grateful to all of you for your comments..Thanks.Cliff

I used to be a die hard FSNavigator user (together with FSBuild) but now I use FSCommander instead with FSBuild. The main reason is that FSCommander can be run off a second computer using wideview plus that it connects to VATSIM so that I can see all traffic around me on the moving map and also all the controllers online. While I have FSX installed I don't actually use it. But it does say on the http://www.fscommander.com/ site that FSCommander is compatible with FSX as well as FS9.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Hi,FSCommander is compatible with both FS9.1 as well as FSX. It can also be used on a WinXP as well as a Vista system.I have 2 computers:1) WinXP with SP2 and FS9.12) Vista home premium and FSX.On both I run FSCommander.For flight planning I also use vroute (vroute.net). They have a lot of flightplans ready for use. But.... As soon as there is a new FSNavigator my credit card will be ready!PeteEHAM

Guest dkluempers

I have been a real FSNavigator fan for some time. I was hoping to hear some news on FSNavigator 5.0 but it has been quite some time now since anyone heard anything from the author.I did pick up a copy of FSCommander and gave it a brief try but did not find it as easy to use as FSNavigator. Perhaps my familiarity with FSNavigator clouded my view of FSCommander. Based on the comments here I think I will give it another goThanks very much for your comments on this gentlemen.

Yes. It will export to the FS/PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS folder in the .rte format for the FMC good for the 737 and 747. FSB version 2.3 supports FSX and FS9 exports.

You could also try Danur Flight Operations Centre 2003. Both Avsim and Flightsim have reviewed it if you're looking for an idea of what it's about. It's more advanced than all other flight planners out there as far as I am aware, and can calculate things like decompression equal time points, multiple alternates, reclearance planning etc. I really like it, althought it's got the odd annoying glitch, and the learning curve is quite steep, but builds the most accurate flight plans by far in my experience. www.danur.comKind regards,Rudy

Cliff,Apologies if I misled you. Since my post, Christian has released a TOPCAT version without Excel as a pre-req.New version looks brilliant!Cheers, Richard McDonald Woods

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx