Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Wow, finally even I run out of memory in the 744 !

Glad to hear it. There are some replacement halo lights here in the avsim file library. Check those out.I thought I heard of the TH2G set up making those lights appear to be larger then they should by a small factor, so maybe a new halo file replacement might do the trick for you.EGLL has a ton, I mean a ton of gates and aircraft, so don't feel to bad about your frames going to heck with 100% AI. That's normal for most people.Glad you're getting along better now.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I've written to author Thorsten for assistance since none of the light fixes work because the issue is restricted solely to the new Heathrow 2008. All other FS2004 lighting is perfect because I fixed that previously with things like Nick's Light Fix V2 which really did the trick for me in the VS with TH2G. It really does look like a giant truck bomb going off on approach to 27L or R. There's a huge messy yellow flare covering about 0.5-1.0 km. in the approach lighting area that gets bigger and more blinding as you get closer.There's other crazy lighting effects here and there.I'll see what Thorsten can offer.Jonathan

You might try re-installing Nick's lights again and see if that doesn't help.If that doesn't work then Thorsten may have written a seperate light file that's in a different directory thus making Nick's lights not relevant.In any case, Thorsten should be able to point you in the right direction.It's also possible, if Thorsten's lights are seperate you could even locate the texture and simply photoshop it, or downsample it a bit some how.Every author is different in how they work. Some use effect files. I've noticed that at EGLL the lights seem to be in their housings, which is very hard to do for FS9 without fancy coding and a ton of work, so I'm not sure how he's done it, unless it's an old scasm method, which I kind of doubt.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest hamish77

I have the new Aerosoft Heathrow which is FAB but have exactly the same feeling as you that the approach lights are way to big compared to the runway lights. I am to using the Triple Head 2 Go with a zoom factor of 0.40 with the 747. I have also used Nick's Lighting fix and the rest of my lights are fine. I would be very interested if you get a reply from the author... I have the same issues with Gary Summons UK scenery for Stansted......Cheers

Hamish:Thanks so much for your post! I am "glad" (i.e., relieved, feel validated, etc.) that you have the same issue as me. My zoom factor is normally 0.26 to 0.31 (I have a large center LCD 24"). I think I observed exactly the same lighting problem with the relatively new, commercial KIAD (Washington DC Dulles Airport) package by BluePrint, but I never wrote to those authors. I think I shall do so this evening and see if they can assist with any thoughts or action.Clearly there is some newer type of light coding going on that disagrees severely with our TH2G set-ups. We must try to get to the bottom of this and fix it. I shall post further with any news, info, guidance, etc. Stay tuned to this thread.JS

No further developments on the approach lights etc. No response from the author at the simflight website and no response to a personal email either. Disappointing. Will keep trying.Jonathan

>>After years of flying complex add-ons with my huge XPS rig, I>finally got the dreaded Out of Memory in the midst of a>pre-approach into EGLL in the PMDG 744. Never happened>before, ever--sorry it did happen in the CoolSky MD-80 which I>no longer fly because of that. Prior to running out of>memory, stress was evident in the form of numerous micro>stutters around EGLL and London with AI traffic, etc. At>4000' and IAS 220, POOM! an OOM suddenly appears and that's>it.>>What happened today that hasn't happened on 500 prior flights>and what should I look to adjust in the sim or on my PC?>>Thanks!>>JonathanHi Jonathan!You may want to read this thread here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...e=&topic_page=3Watch for the user post by 'psolk'.Well, it is not the same product, but the problem seems to be the same.However, also browse the scenery forum at Aerosoft, because this particular scenery seems to be problematic in many ways.Regards ;-) P.S.- also browse this:http://forums.flightsim.com/dc/dcboard.php...ing_type=search

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

Pedro:Thanks for your post with link. I just read through the thread. It looks interesting.What does the solution mean? How do I apply it?Sorry to be stupid, but I don't really understand what I am supposed to do.Appreciate any further clarification or explanation, thanks!Jonathan

>>Pedro:>>Thanks for your post with link. I just read through the>thread. It looks interesting.>>What does the solution mean? How do I apply it?>>Sorry to be stupid, but I don't really understand what I am>supposed to do.>>Appreciate any further clarification or explanation, thanks!>>JonathanHi!I'll describe it to you. I had the same OOM problems when flying long-hauls.It happened to me with PMDG744/F and a Boeing 777 model from another developer. With this particular boeing I could never finish a flight from EDDF to KSFO or EGLL to KSFO - at the time using EGLL v1.2 UK2000 scenery and KSFO Flytampa. The OOM error allways occured during descent, about 20-30NM from the airport.Then I apllied this patch and, for the first time I could fly from EGLL to KSFO, taxi out to the gate, shutdown, walk around, see the replay, you name it.Never tried yet with a PMDG744/F! (Got busy here, and for a long-haul you got to have time to spare).Please bear in mind that you will deal with some important files here, namelly boot.ini and fs9.exe, so do it at your own risk(!!)MAKE ALLWAYS BACKUPS of the files you are modifying!1- search for the file 3GB_enabler2.zip - you can get it here: http://files.filefront.com/3GB+enabler2zip...;/fileinfo.html2- decompress it to something like X:3GBenabler3- open the readme.txt and follow the indications to modify your boot.ini file - MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL boot.ini FILE FIRST!!4- disregard the next indications in that readme file (those are for a particular game with similar problems).5- MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL FS9.exe (or FSX.exe) FIRST(!!) and copy it to 3GBenabler folder.6- open a command prompt in the 3GBenabler folder7- Run "editbin /LARGEADDRESSAWARE .exe" e.g. editbin /LARGEADDRESSAWARE FS9.exe 8- Copy the now patched FS9.exe back into the FS9 main directory (confirm that it is patched by checking the date of creation)Once again, if you are not sure about this procedures, please dont do it!Hope this helps.Regards;-)

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

Wow, what a technical and strange procedure (to me, at least!). Thanks. I shall consider this.Jonathan

>>Wow, what a technical and strange procedure (to me, at>least!). Thanks. I shall consider this.>>JonathanHi!I agree with you Jonathan, it is a bit complicated. :-roll Regards

Pedro Lima
My videos

Guest johnegg

Hi, does anyone have an alternate link to the 3GB enabler as this one does not seem to work.Thanks John Core2 Duo 66002048 MB DDR160GB HDDNVidia 7950 512mbCH Products Yoke & PedalsHead TrackerRC4AShttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

>Hi, does anyone have an alternate link to the 3GB enabler as>this one does not seem to work.>Thanks John> >Core2 Duo 6600>2048 MB DDR>160GB HDD>NVidia 7950 512mb>CH Products Yoke & Pedals>Head Tracker>RC4>AS>>http://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpgJust copy&paste the complete text of the URL above.Regards ;)

Pedro Lima
My videos

Guest johnegg

Thanks, Ive got it now and seems to have solved my OOM problems.JohnCore2 Duo 66002048 MB DDR160GB HDDNVidia 7950 512mbCH Products Yoke & PedalsHead TrackerRC4AShttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Pedro:I am totally unable to download from Filefront at all. Every time I click on the file to save it, I get a message stamped X6 saying "the server replies that you don't have permission to download this file. Details: HTTP/1.1 403 Access Forbidden." I have already registered with FileFront and received confirmation of such registration so I don't know what's going on.Can you possibly email me the file to jonathan.sacks@cox.net? I appreciate any further assistance, thanks!Jonathan