Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

737 NGX question for Marc Harrington

Guest sunbear

Ryan,Sorry for the error on my part. Vin can you respond to my previous post regarding the Wiper?Regards,jack

Jack-Sorry. You only get one question to a single developer per quarter- and since you mis-directed to Marc you will need to wait until 01JAN08 to repost your question to Vin. :-pWe'll be looking at a bunch of photographic material on the NG VC... it'll get swept up in there...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest q8pilot

I have kinda early question to ask ;-) will your B737 NGX use another graphics rendering engine besides GDI+ ?it seems GDI+ is not suitable for FS games as it produces low frame rates :(Ali

>I have kinda early question to ask ;-) >will your B737 NGX use another graphics rendering engine>besides GDI+ ?>it seems GDI+ is not suitable for FS games as it produces low>frame rates :(Way to early to talk about anything like this I'm afraid.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest sunbear

Marc,Is there any chance that you could remove the stationary wiper in the virtual cockpit of the upcoming version 2.0? I must say that I cannot see it in the real NG simulator. It is not present in the 747 virtual cockpit and it would be real nice if you could either remove it or reduce the size of it as it interferes with the visual landing sequence. Regards,jack

"GDI+ produces low frame rates"...That's a loaded quote, given that you'rea) overgeneralizing:( underdocumenting:-)If you feel you want to make an educated discussion about GDI+, please by all means let's do so, but that blanket statement tells pretty much nothing about where you base such a bold claim. You might have read some other sites which advertise amazing performance based on their own framework that's radically improving frame rates while at the same time producing fresh squeezed orange juice and subatomic particle acceleration, but I'd take that with a grain of salt... :-)

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

He probably bases it on low FPS he gets, maybe. I remember when the 737 first came out the framerates were terrible. And I was also under the assumption that it was due to the GDI+ gauges because as soon as the avionics were on framerates tanked, did I assume incorrectly? The Queen was much better in this regard and with improved hardware it's not a big deal for me. I suspect the 747X will harken back to the first 737 release, but whatever. C'est la vie. As an aside, I wouldn't dismiss that developer's claim outright. Combined, they've delivered a lot of top-tier products for many years and the videos and screenshots speak for themselves.