Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Release Information for the PMDG 747-400X

Very happy to see that you made such a great improvement on 747-400X. But there are more I am hoping here...First is "EFC TIME" fuction under the HOLD mode. I noticed that this funtion could not be used here. When I fly online I always try to make my FSX time same as real time, so during some fly-in activities I think this function is quite useful. I am wondering if PMDG Developing team could add this function in the future updates...Second is "Pos shift" under the "TAKEOFF REF" pages, I wonder if you could add this function available. Also for the REF speed, I am not sure about real world productures, during my free time I try to watch some video which were recoreded in 744 cockpit,among one of them is Virgin 19's cockpit,I noticed that first officer explain the caculation of ref speed by using speed, payload charts together with weather information. So... I hope in PMDG's Queen of sky, you could also make this possible by setting the difficult level here. If people who fly this Queen is a expert flight simulator fun, he have to use charts and weather information to caculate the ref speed and input them into the FMC. For a person who just fly this great plane, he may not be able to do this so let FMC to caculate the ref speed for him...Hope to hear from your opinion about my idea...

Guest chriswhiteuk

Hi, I live in Singapore so was able to download at 5pm local time yesterday. Already flown Sing-HK. Now flying final stages Sing to Heathrow as I write.A couple of comments;1. the new 747-FSX is better than I thought it would be. The FS2004 version was amazing. This is better.2. The price is lower than I thought it should be. I think the FS2004 user discount is too high.3. Not sure about the P&W engine sound. I fly in a real plane with these engines every week and the FSX version doesn't sound quite right. Sounds more airbus to be honest, but it could be my sound set-up. I haven't given a CX RR a run yet to compare.This product is so far ahead of anything else in the market everyone involved needs to be congratulated. I could even install it without problem, although getting it in the first place wasn't fun, the PMDG website didn't like Amex cards...Thanks,Chris

Guest captbdel

GREAT NEWS ROBERT and TEAM!!! WELL DONE & THANK YOU but I won't be buying it 747-400FSX. ;-( Simply because FSX won't run stable enough on Windows VISTA whilst I do have it theres just too much hassle and EXPENSE. I bought FSX when it was released and reading forum after forum for solutions, I feel FS9 is staying.I'm sticking with FS9 on WIN XP SP2 always reliable and for me I'm getting my

Guest acv130

PMDG Team,Very nice, thank you.I have one question. I tried to convert my FS9 version (virtual airline) texture to dds for the FSX version but with no success.Can you provide us with the procedure to create new textures for the FSX version? (since there are no good howto out there).Thank you.Regards,Rayen

Guest firehawk44

"We were seeing constant OOM errors even on Core 2 Quad/4GB/8800GTX 768MB machines - it's just ridiculous.We hope that MS and the video card companies will rectify this stuff at some point in the future. If that happens we'll certainly revise our recommendation."Ryan,As a "PMDG Developer" I am surprised at your comments. Vista works great and is getting better every day! OOM errors are a thing of the past and were fixed a 2-3 months ago by Microsoft and through video card driver updates. Links to MS fixes were posted on the NVIDIA site and Phil Taylor posted links to the fixes on his blog. I suppose I'm missing something with your comments as I have a DuoCore 2 X6800 CPU/4GB/8800GTXMB machine and FSX runs great with nearly every slider maxed out. I heard you all did a great job (as usual) on the 747 for FSX. I have purchased it but having major difficulties getting it registered and installed. I think I saw a message stating my firewall settings were the most likely culprit. I hope not. It's just not safe to turn off the firewall just for a few seconds. This is my first problem I have ever had with PMDG installing the product I purchased. I'm doing more research on the PMDG website and this forum and will figure it out soon (your thread just sparked my ire and attention!). Thanks to you and your team for putting out excellent, high quality products. I am a PMDG supporter from day one and always look forward to more high quality products from your company.Best wishes,Jim Young

>Ryan,>>As a "PMDG Developer" I am surprised at your comments. Vista>works great and is getting better every day! OOM errors are a>thing of the past and were fixed a 2-3 months ago by Microsoft>and through video card driver updates. Links to MS fixes were>posted on the NVIDIA site and Phil Taylor posted links to the>fixes on his blog. I suppose I'm missing something with your>comments as I have a DuoCore 2 X6800 CPU/4GB/8800GTXMB machine>and FSX runs great with nearly every slider maxed out. Well, three of us on the dev team including our lead programmer saw exactly those errors as late as a couple days ago and we did confirm them with ACES during testing.The various Microsoft hotfixes and Nvidia driver releases did not fix the issues for us here. Trust me, our Vista copies are fully updated etc. I can't explain why the problems aren't happening on some machines, but we certainly saw enough of it on multiple systems during testing to issue a recommendation that people use XP unless they're willing to potentially put up with such errors.>I think I saw a message stating my>firewall settings were the most likely culprit. I hope not.>It's just not safe to turn off the firewall just for a few>seconds.You're quite safe turning it off for a few seconds to do the validation. Your machine doesn't just instantly get infected/hacked because you turned the firewall off.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest hkro

Hello all,I made a search on OOM issues and it seems that yes, there was a fix published by Microsoft : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105It has been tested on various games (unfortunatly not FSX) but it shows that the fix reduces significantly the amount of memory addresses that causes the issue. Will give it a try. At least, the fix is presented as a must in Vista.RegardsHerve.

Guest MauiHawk

Thanks for all the information and the great performance tables.One question: The tech specs wiki page says you can expect much better performance out of dual core machine than a single core, but was anything in the 747X coded to specifically take advantage of multiple threads?I notice when comparing the FX 57 (2.8GHz) to the X2 4200 (2.2 GHz), the FX57 wins by about the margin you'd expect a 2.8 CPU to beat a 2.2 CPU if everything else remained the same between the two. Also, I notice that the gap between the MS 747 and the PMDG747X performance is actually larger on the dual core 4200 than on the FX57 machine. Steve.