Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

PMDG 747-400X Release and Discount Information!

Guest sunbear

I believe the 'Registration Key' inside the CD version's cover would be sufficient to record the legitimacy of the original purchase. Any thoughts on this?Regards,jack

Ecommerce went off w/out a hitch - discount and all - 1mb sec speeds. Wow.... my IT dept. should be jeolous. :)Wonderful flight on the FSX/Vista Ultimate platform.Superb work TEAM.FedEx/Kinkos will have my manual ready for me tomorrow.Any good excuses for calling out sick tomorrow? :)

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Apologies for repeating this question asked further up this thread but as it has been asked by others and we have yet to receive a clear answer I ask again can you you use the FS9 updates if you have the queen of the skies in your FS9 install but don't have FSX. Thanks.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

>Apologies for repeating this question asked further up this>thread but as it has been asked by others and we have yet to>receive a clear answer I ask again can you you use the FS9>updates if you have the queen of the skies in your FS9 install>but don't have FSX. Thanks.>>BrucebCurrently you DO NEED FSX to use the FS9 update. This may changed though as many of us either don't have or don't want to install FSX all over again. We're still waiting on a word from PMDG.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Ron-We ARE putting together a sales package to include the AoA 747-400 Training DVD...It's run into a few technical glitches at the moment- i'll publish more details later when I have them.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you for that clarification. Lets hope the FS9 enhancements are made available for those of us who don't have FSX. I must say it does seem rather odd that they would have a series of tweaks for the FS9 747 and then make it a condition of use that you have FSX installed - very strange. Never-the-less PMDG did listen to their loyal customers over the MD11 thing so hopefully they will do so again.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Bruce-You appear to be mis-stating the circumstances that are outlined in my posts on the topic- so please allow me to correct you!We are not making anything a "condition" for anyone. We are merely making a unifying update available to those customers who elect to own both versions. It is a thank gift for their loyalty to the product and to PMDG as we move forward with the new platform.So, yes- we certainly have listened to our customers- and we found that we could give a little added bonus for customers using both platforms- therefor this is what we have done.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

>Guys,>I really did not get if discount will apply to Boxed version>too.>And if the CD will have all bonuses just like this release.>Can anyone make this clearer for me please?>Also, I do not remember exactly where i bought my Queen for>FS9, could be a Manual scan (with its product key) enought to>be elegible for discount?>Thanks>NickCould anyone let me know on this please?Thanks a lot!Nicola

"But I think I will wait for the Boxed version"I would not recommend doing this. If you look at the special offer today, if you had bought the boxed version last time - as I did - you most likely cannot benefit from the upgrade discount. I now regret that I bought the boxed version back then. Buying the boxed version, you pay the man in the middle and accept the potential disadvantages later.Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

>Ron->>We ARE putting together a sales package to include the AoA>747-400 Training DVD...>>It's run into a few technical glitches at the moment- i'll>publish more details later when I have them.>>Thanks Robert. So if we have already purchased the 747X, will we still be able to take advantage of any promotional offers that include the DVD?Thanks, Ron Gautreau

Thank you for your comments but I stand by my comment that I find it strange that tweaks for the FS9 version of the 747 are available but the only way FS9 users of the queen can avail themselves of the enhancements is to have FSX installed as well. Best wishes for the success of the 747-400X it looks like an outstanding addon for those who have the hardware to run it.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Guest szaszgabor

Hello!This is a great program. Good work Guys! .)But. I have many problems with Vista.- if i'm modificating some setting in PMDG menu, the value isn't changing after "OK"- if i use "Autobrake", isn't apply after touch-down- Cold and dark settings isn't working, because, the engines are still running (if i shut down the engines, i couldn't restart it)These problems are same, what i can see in Level-D 767-300ERX. That games run well on FSX (Win XP).Could you tell something to me about that problems?Thanks and regards,Gabor

The FS9 747 update being a bonus for those buying the fsx 747 is certainly something to be admired. But please consider a few observations from a non-fsx 747 user.I (and I'm sure many others) would be willing to purchase the fsx 747 upgrade just to get the fs9 update. Can you get more loyal than that?There is bit of irony to this situation as well. If someone has FSX working well and now they have the new FSX 747, what in the world are they going to do with the fs9 747? It'll probably never be used. If it is, then that doesn't speak well of FSX.If your going to go through the effort a making improvements to the fs9 747, why not offer it to someone who will appreciate it? Imagine if Microsoft announced an update to XP but you could only get it by upgrading to Vista???I feel like I'm scolding PMDG for going the extra mile. With the fs9 update being done on spare time apparently. But it's only admiration of PMDG products that makes me want to acquire this update.Respectfully,Robert Quick

>There is bit of irony to this situation as well. If someone>has FSX working well and now they have the new FSX 747, what>in the world are they going to do with the fs9 747? It'll>probably never be used. If it is, then that doesn't speak well>of FSX.I here what your saying but I think there intention was for people who are going to make the transition to FSX but can't just yet. And also, there is only a fraction of the addon's available for FSX as there is for FS9. So even if you can run FSX well, you may still want to do most of your flying in FS9 till the addons catch up.Just my opinion.Ron Gautreau