Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

PMDG 747-400X Release and Discount Information!

I'm not going to keep arguing with you Chris, I understand your opinion and you're entitled to it. I do think your excuses are ridiculous however and I find it very hard to believe that someone can buy a PC capable of running FSX well, our plane, but not some CD-Rs to make sure they have their installer backed up... I've never had a CD-R "go bad" in 10+ years of using them unless it was from scratches that are my fault either...Whatever, I'm done.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest M-Sauce

You've already answered this, but I'll say it again.Please release the FS9 update as a standalone, please?I have no intention of going to FSX right now, and I use the FS9-PMDG 744 regularly. I will gladly pay, I don't really care how much. I know that it is worth it. Why can't this release be made available to FS9 users?Mariano BonaccorsoBy the way, is the Go-around mode corrected in the FS9 update???

Mariano-if we already answered this, then you know better than to expect a different answer. Thanks.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest troyboy66

Awesome! I'm unable to log into PMDG's website for some unknown reason, but if I wanted to take advantage of this discount offer, how can I do that? Thankstroy

Guest ssilvi

>>PMDG>>I bought the Queen of the Skies 747 400F frieght version from>your e commerce site, however I bought the 747 400 passenger>version as a boxed DVD product. Will I qualify for the 50%>discount?>>Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.>>I also purchased the 747-400 from an online store other than PMDG. I sent an email to PMDG asking this same question and the response was that the CD box version is a completely separate thing handled by Aerosoft. It appears we'll have to wait for Aerosoft to release a CD or DVD box version of the -400X to see what kind of discount they offer.

I am yet to purchase FSX. May well do now as I have recently upgraded my computer to a Intel Quad Core so 744 on FS9 runs like a dream with 100% Traffic and the like on. I Backed up all my PMDG stuff before I did the reinstall and it reinstallled on my new system with no problem. I too am thinking about purchasing the new 744 for FSX to get the FS9 update but understand from the posts here it won;t work without FSX also being installed. As I am intending to buy FSX soon can you buy the product at the cheaper price and have it on your PC to install later this year when you get FSX??Tom P

>>Ryan,>>What is happening with the package deal with the AoA 747>DVD??>>Is it still going to happen?>>>>Thanks and congrats on the Queens release.>>>>Ron Gautreau>>Anybody???I have been keeping an eye on the Angle of Attack forums http://www.flyaoamedia.com/ for quite a while now, and they seem to be almost ready to release their instructional DVD. I have a feeling when PMDG releases the FSX version in a box, you will see Chris Palmer's "Angle of Attack" released with it. But it may be sooner.I am also looking forward to that combo.

>I am yet to purchase FSX. May well do now as I have recently>upgraded my computer to a Intel Quad Core so 744 on FS9 runs>like a dream with 100% Traffic and the like on.> >I Backed up all my PMDG stuff before I did the reinstall and>it reinstallled on my new system with no problem. >>I too am thinking about purchasing the new 744 for FSX to get>the FS9 update but understand from the posts here it won;t>work without FSX also being installed. >>As I am intending to buy FSX soon can you buy the product at>the cheaper price and have it on your PC to install later this>year when you get FSX??>>Tom PYes. That's what I'm doing. If you buy the product, you can keep the installation file on your computer (and back it up) and install it whenever you like.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

>Miquel->>The FS9 updater can be found in your FSX/PMDG directory...>>I have no interest in a FSX version, but am interested in the FS9 update. Any chance that you will release just that, maybe for $10 or something like that?* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

>I too am thinking about purchasing the new 744 for FSX to get>the FS9 update but understand from the posts here it won;t>work without FSX also being installed. No longer true - we changed it and separated them in the newest version of the installer.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG Team,First I want to congratulate you on the release of your new FSX 747. From what folks are saying, It seems like it is very well made and will be a "must have" for anyone that will be using FSX into the future.Your FS9 version is a classic and one of the first payware airliners that I ever purchased, and certainly one of the best.This is where I have a question though. There is a large discount for those that previously purchased the FS9 product from your website. On the other hand, by owning the Queen of the Skies for FS9, I don't seem to be getting much of a discount because I purchased it from PC Aviator in a CD version.I am tempted to buy the download from your website, but I hesitate because I feel that I should share in the pleasure of having a least a modest discount for owning the previous Queen of the Skies version on CD.I have an account with your website and have purchased the B1900C and the 737-400NG but I had purchased the Queen of the Skies before I really knew that I could buy it from your website.Will there be any opportunity for other previous owners of the FS9 version who purchased it from your distributors, to get a similar discount? Or will we have to just pay the full price and accept the penalty of not being a more valued customer?Thank you,Bob Y.

Guest drv4truk

>Will there be any opportunity for other previous owners of the>FS9 version who purchased it from your distributors, to get a>similar discount? Or will we have to just pay the full price>and accept the penalty of not being a more valued customer?>Thank you,>Bob Y.I think we are still supposed to be "valued customers". But it seems like we are being punished for not buying the same exact product from PMDG's website. Does that mean we are not loyal enough?Regards,Kris G.

>>>Will there be any opportunity for other previous owners of>the>>FS9 version who purchased it from your distributors, to get>a>>similar discount? Or will we have to just pay the full>price>>and accept the penalty of not being a more valued customer?>>Thank you,>>Bob Y.>>I think we are still supposed to be "valued customers". But>it seems like we are being punished for not buying the same>exact product from PMDG's website. Does that mean we are not>loyal enough?No, it just means that although they would like to extend the benefit to all loyal customers, they can only keep track of those who purchased through them. For one, there is no way to know if everyone with a CD version is the original owner. Also, they don't have the records of who bought what. Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Also we believe Aerosoft will be running a discount program of their own when the 400X CD version comes out...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg