Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

PMDG 747-400X Release and Discount Information!

>Also we believe Aerosoft will be running a discount program>of their own when the 400X CD version comes out...Well that really nails me because I just went ahead and paid full price last night for the PMDG 747-400X from your website. :-hang I also bought the 737-800/900 package. I bought my original Queen of the Skies CD from the PC Aviator store over a year ago. That means that I have all of PMDG products except the B1900D, and bought every one of them from the PMDG website except the FS9 747 (which I bought before I knew it could be downloaded from this website), but didn't qualify for any discounts at all.:( Oh well, they are all very good products and I enjoy them so I can't complain. The new 747 looks great. It is a beautiful simulation and seems to work flawlessly.:-walksmile :-beerchug

Captains-A few moments ago we went live with the long awaited PMDG 747-400X for FSX!We can't tell you how excited we are to finally put this simulation in your hands, as it means you will finally have everyone's favorite long-hauler in FSX- and it also means that her three engined sister isn't too far off either. ;-)In another post, I have listed some information about our product testing and performance experience, and this information should help you to get the most from your FSX/PMDG 747-400X experience!Now- before you run off to purchase- here is some information you will want to have!This development cycle has been a long one. Writing our first FSX product nearly from the ground up took significantly more time than we 'd anticipated, and it has held up subsequent PMDG product releases- and taken many of us away from the forum and interacting with all of you.As a demonstration of our appreciation for all of you that have so strongly supported PMDG during the past ten years, we have "Sweetened the Tea" on this release- as a way of saying "THANK YOU!" to each of you.For starters: We are releasing the PMDG 747-400X at a special, discounted price of 59.99 Euro. Then, for anyone who has previously purchased the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies from our eCommerce system, you will be given an automatic 50% discount from this price at the time of checkout! (Bringing your total price to 29.99!)Next, we have included in this release a little "bonus extra" for all of you who may still wish to fly the FS9 version of The Queen as well as your new FSX version. With your purchase, you will find that we have included an "FS9 Version Unification Update" that will add to your FS9 Queen many of the tweaks, fixes, new functions and adjustments that we made to the FSX version during the rebuild! This way, those of you who fly the FSX version and the FS9 version won't have to remember how the two are different... Consider it just a small way of our saying "thank you" for all of your support!PLEASE NOTE: The 50% discount offer to customers comes with the following restrictions: - You must purchase the PMDG 747-400X from the same user account in which the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies was purchased. Your PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies order must be present and paid for, (ie: not canceled or otherwise.)- The discount applies to all customers who purchased the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies prior to 0001Z/29OCT07 ONLY.- Discount offer is valid only until 2359Z/31DEC07- Discount may be rescinded or revoked by PMDG at any time without notice.- Discount is provided using an electronic coupon which is automatically applied to customer order. If customer edits order in such a way as to invalidate the coupon, full pricing will apply.- Customers who do not see the discount taken at time of checkout but who feel they qualify should contact PMDG Technical support.- No refunds will be given in relation to or as a result of this promotional program.- All PMDG download sales are final.Most of all everyone, THANK YOU- and ENJOY!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

>>Time for my official silly question. Why Euros??? Business>>wise I understand. I wish I was paid in Euros....>>Been gone over a million times since we switched - couple main>reasons:>>More than half our dev team are Europeans, a majority of our>customer base is too. When we switched it meant the first>time we've raised prices in well over 10 years of business ->just the reality of the world economy right now.>>That's all I'm gonna say on it though, we don't discuss>business policy on the forum...If you don't discuss business policy, do you discuss customer service? And, if you do and it's not proper in this forum, then point me to the right direction, please.When everything is said and done, your business is us, those of us who buy your product. I think you could provide better customer service, like some of your competitors, by providing separate links based upon different currencies. That way, I'd know up front what my cost is.And, by the way, in addition to the purchase price, I had to pay an "international fee". It wasn't much, but there was another company with their hand out.Ed Taylor

Have purchased the 744 now for FSX and am using the FS9 version. Seems to be working fine with no problems.

Guest flightgamer

>50% discount>>Kylan Likey what Kylan Hear :-xxrotflmao

Guest flightgamer

>CDRs can go bad too... Hard drives go bad, any storage>medium, can, and will at some stage go bad... Not every one>can buy CDRs at 10c (or whatever was mentioned) a piece>either. We're not all in the US and UK either, and exchange>rates CAN be a really sore pill to swallow... >>Now, I got the queen rather soon after it was released, waited>on the Cargo version for a few months. Since I got my queen,>I have not but ONCE needed to re-download the software, and>yet, I was charged for it.>>A -MUCH- better approach to this, will be to allow a X amount>of downloads over an unlimited period of time, vs. unlimited>downloads in x days (the first will actually save you even>more bandwidth when you think about it, not that bandwidth is>expensive in the US/UK to begin with).>>Things don't break in a specific amount of time, they break>when you least expect them. Instead of PMDG wanting more>money from me for me to continue being their customer, a>better approach would be to have the resouces in place to>allow me to continue to remain a customer.>>I'm sure allot of people will understand the reasonin, and I'm>sure allot wont. I'm also sure that allot will see this as>critisism and attacks on PMDG, but rather see it as>constructive feedback... I did purchase the 744X as well,>it's installed and it looks to be working fine. I'm looking>forward to my first test flight.... >>-->Chris.>Why dont you email the installer to yourself, thats what i did through gmail and i backed it up on my external '-ARCHIVE-' i call it, where i keep all my installer/freeware stuff..... problem solved......

I just want to say that even though I didn't receive any discount, I love the new 747-400X and the 737-600NG. Both are very well made and look great inside and out.No problems. Keep up the good work.

>Why dont you email the installer to yourself, thats what i did>through gmail and i backed it up on my external '-ARCHIVE-' i>call it, where i keep all my installer/freeware stuff.....>problem solved......I don't like that solution at all - you're not in control of gmail's servers, they may choose to purge large attachments at a later date that haven't been used in a long time etc... CD-Rs/DVD-Rs are clearly the best and easiest solution to me.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>>Also we believe Aerosoft will be running a discount program>>of their own when the 400X CD version comes out...>>Well that really nails me because I just went ahead and paid>full price last night for the PMDG 747-400X from your website.>:-hang I also bought the 737-800/900 package. >I bought my original Queen of the Skies CD from the PC Aviator>store over a year ago. >That means that I have all of PMDG products except the B1900D,>and bought every one of them from the PMDG website except the>FS9 747 (which I bought before I knew it could be downloaded>from this website), but didn't qualify for any discounts at>all.:( >Oh well, they are all very good products and I enjoy them so I>can't complain. >The new 747 looks great. It is a beautiful simulation and>seems to work flawlessly.:-walksmile :-beerchug I'm not one to complain about things but I feel in this case , if I don't say anything , then you will never know how the customer feels.I too bought my PMDG from PC Aviator and then the cargo version from your website , along with the 737 line. So, I consider myself as loyal a Pmdg customer as anyone else.So having said this, maybe some consideration should have been made to the customers who bought outside of the PMDG website in the form of a smaller discount with a valid install key,( if you could somehow validate it back to the holder).I purchased the 747X because I was as excited about it as everyone else, and I wasn't disappointed. I didn't want to repurchase the plane elsewhere, considering I may miss out next time on some form of discount program. I can't help but feel that I have been penalized for not purchasing from the PMDG website.Finally, I just want to say how much I'm enjoying the new 747X and appreciate all that has gone into it. So thanks for another great product.Keep up the great work.

Guest Kasper Hanselman

Since it was purchased from the download shop, does the 747-400F qualify for the discount?Regards, Kasper

>Since it was purchased from the download shop, does the>747-400F qualify for the discount?>>Regards, >KasperApparently not.Ron