Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

PMDG 747-400X Release and Discount Information!

[Font size=2Sorry !I was in such a state of excitement that I forgot to sign my post =)Jean-Charles Montagne

Time for my official silly question. Why Euros??? Business wise I understand. I wish I was paid in Euros....Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

>Time for my official silly question. Why Euros??? Business>wise I understand. I wish I was paid in Euros....Been gone over a million times since we switched - couple main reasons:More than half our dev team are Europeans, a majority of our customer base is too. When we switched it meant the first time we've raised prices in well over 10 years of business - just the reality of the world economy right now.That's all I'm gonna say on it though, we don't discuss business policy on the forum...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'm fighting with myself as I'm very tempetd to download it!!! But I think I will wait for the Boxed version, I like to have a proper CD for every "favourite software" I own.Any estimation on its release date?Will it contain all the bonuses you are including on this downloadable release version?ThanksNick

Guest Kasper Hanselman

Congratulations on the release. This will however be the first PMDG product I don't buy. I don't fight your business policies but as a customer who has bought every single release to date I am having a little trouble with not getting the discount. Must be my dutch blood.You just made my decision to stay with FS9 much easier.Cheers, I will be back for the MD11.

>Dear George->>the discount applies only to those customers who have>purchased the FS9 747-400 Passenger version from our web>site.>>Best regards,Could you please be so kind and explain this kind of policy as I don't understand it. I also bought the boxed passenger version and after release of the freighter version I ordered that online from PMDG. So I contributed to your FS9 work as a "full" customer. Why is a "boxed" customer not eligible for a discount? Flight1 shows that it works pretty good (I got massive discounts on my boxed LVD767 e.g.).I think I'm not the only one with a combination of PMDG 747 passenger boxed and freighter downloaded. So why don't you extend customer service and loyalty to those?Thanks for an answer.Christian

Cheers, Christian

Hi Christian,The boxed versions are totally the responsibility of Aerosoft. They buy licenses from us and then resell them - we have absolutely no way of tracking customers from it etc...We do believe Aerosoft will be offering a discount system of their own when the boxed 400F comes out.It's the same idea as when Dell or someone like that sells Microsoft Windows. MS is not responsible for it because Dell agrees to be the point of sale/support etc. We have a similar type of agreement with Aerosoft.Wish there was a way, but it's not going to happen, sorry.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,thank you for your clear statement. Seems I have to wait for the boxed version from Aerosoft.But one additional question: you say you "have absolutely no way of tracking customers from it". Why was Flight1 able to handle boxed products from Aerosoft to grant a reduced FSX version? I own both LevelD 767 and ATR72 boxed from Aerosoft and updated both via coupon from Flight1 by entering the serial. It worked flawlessly. Why isn't that an option for PMDG?Kind regards.Christian

Cheers, Christian

Ryan,What is happening with the package deal with the AoA 747 DVD?? Is it still going to happen?Thanks and congrats on the Queens release.Ron Gautreau

Christian,I have no idea what sort of arrangement Flight1 has with them. Perhaps we could look into that in the future, but it is what it is with the 747... sorry!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Many thanks to PMDG developing group, I fly FS9 Version for a long time, now I can start my FSX with Queen of sky...Also thanks for the discount, 50% is really a very good deal.I already begin my trip with your new queen, looking foward to hear more news about MD11.Regards

>Ryan,>What is happening with the package deal with the AoA 747 DVD??>Is it still going to happen?>>Thanks and congrats on the Queens release.>>Ron GautreauAnybody???

Guest akashic flying

I wish I could download my purchase!!! Seems like the servers are being hit hard. Been trying for over 1 hour and download keeps timing out at different times. One time i got to 97% and poof....'connection with server was reset!!! VERY frustrating.

Guys,I really did not get if discount will apply to Boxed version too.And if the CD will have all bonuses just like this release.Can anyone make this clearer for me please?Also, I do not remember exactly where i bought my Queen for FS9, could be a Manual scan (with its product key) enought to be elegible for discount?ThanksNick