Sign in to follow this  
Guest rogueman1585

747 Fatal Error

Guest rogueman1585

Hello Everyone. I was just wondering if anybody had run into this particular problem. While trying to load the 747 in FSX, flight simulator encounters a fatal error and crashes to the desktop. I've got the service packs for both Windows XP and FSX installed and I've read the FAQs so i'm a little stumped. I'm uploading a few pictures I captured; hopefully they might help.--David Smithhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179519.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179520.jpg

Guest Mazurek

Yeah same problem here , waiting for solutions.Fernando

OK - we'll need some further information from you in order to diagnose what might be happening on your system:a) When you first installed the 747-400X, have you received the security popup dialog boxes which ask if you want to trust the DLLs etc? There should be three before selecting the 747-400X (PMDGOptions.DLL, PMDGEvents.DLL, PMDGSounds.dll) and another four for the 747-400X specific gauges (Main, Overhead, ACS and Center).You need to say "Yes" and trust those so the app continues loading.:( When selecting the 747-400X, do you see the AIRAC database progress bar loading at all, or is this crashing immediately? If it is, can you check if you have NAVData installed under /PMDG/NavData There should be six files there.c) If you can offer any more information about your system (what other addons you're running, etc.) I'd appreciate it so I can help further.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest rogueman1585

Hello Lefteris,When I first installed the 747X, I did not receive the security popup dialog boxes. When the 747X tries to load, the AIRAC database progress bar does not come up at all, it just crashes immedately. I checked the NavData folder and it does have six files in it; one .dat and five .txt. The only addons I'm running are the Feel There Airbus series and the Feel There Citation X, no scenery.If my computer specs help, here they are: DELL XPS 600: 3.0 GHZ processor, 2 GB RAM, NVIDIA 6800 graphics card. Well Off to class; I'll check back laterThanks for all the help you're providing.--David Smith

Please check in your C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFSX folder for the file called dll.xml.If that exists, edit it with Notepad - it should look similar to this:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalsePMDG OptionsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dllPMDG EventsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dllPMDG SoundsFalsePMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dll(It might have extra entries, depending on whether you've also installed FSUIPC etc.)Let me know...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Also guys check and make sure that dll.xml and fsx.cfg aren't somehow flagged Read Only. (Right Click and look at properties)That would prevent the installer from writing the requisite info to them...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Ron Service

I'm using Vista home premium, and I'm also getting a fatal error. I found the XML file,and there is no reference to any PMDG functions. I'm not sure how to edit it, as notepad does'nt seem to work.Any ideas?Ron

Guest rogueman1585

Lefteris,When I went into the Microsoft folder in Application Data there was no FSX folder to speak of. Perhaps this means that I need to reinstall FSX?--David

Guest Ron Service

OK, I got it working now. I was able to cut and paste your instructions into the XML file. Thanks for the fast response.Ron

Guest rogueman1585

Hello Again. For some reason my computer has two different file versions of my user name. I tried the other one and was able to access the file you suggested. I copied over the new text and the aircraft was able to load successfully. I'll give it a test fly, but everything is looking good right now. Thanks for the help.--David

Guest roilenpalmer

>I had the same issue. I looked at the dll.xml file and found>all the PMDG stuff right at the start before the definition of>the file. Used notepad and cut it out and pasted it into the>middle and problem solved.>>>http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.pngI have the same problem, I tried placing the PMDG stuff in the middle but that did not work for me. It still crash's.Running FSX on Windows xp ProQ6600 2.4hz, 4Gig RAM, 8800GTX 1TB HDRoilenPalmer

Guest gauchobass69

Hi Ron, I have Vista as well.Would you please tell me where you found the dll.xml.I cant seem to find itThanksDan

Guest Ron Service

Mine is in the path C:UsersownerAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSX.Depends what drive your FSX is in.Hope this helps.Ron

Guest DVA3672

>>I had the same issue. I looked at the dll.xml file and>found>>all the PMDG stuff right at the start before the definition>of>>the file. Used notepad and cut it out and pasted it into the>>middle and problem solved.>>>>>>http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png>>I have the same problem, I tried placing the PMDG stuff in the>middle but that did not work for me. It still crash's.>>Running FSX on Windows xp Pro>>Q6600 2.4hz, 4Gig RAM, 8800GTX 1TB HD>>RoilenPalmer>Yes, I too have this problem. Your set up program wrote the PMDG files at the very top of my dll file and completely jumbled the rest of my dll file removing all spaces and re-arranging everything. It then caused the same CTD each time I tried to start FSX. It also is affecting your competitor's products by jumbling their dll information too. I moved the files around as you suggested but as long as i have any pmdg in my dll file, it causes serious problems and FSX will NOT run. After about two hours last night, I finally got my FSX back on-line so I could at least fly my LDS. Needless to say I am NOT happy at all. This stuff should not be happening for as much $ as this costs in American dollars.I had to re-install so many of my other add-ons that all my counters need re-set. Very very frustrating. One should not NEED to go into a dll file to use your product. ChrisDVA3672757 Assistant Chief Pilot