Sign in to follow this  
zazaboeing

744FX MCP Digits Blank

Hello all!Just purchased the new 744X and everything went ok with the 744 pax version, but in the F version the MCP digits are not showing.I tried everything possible to fix it, including several reinstalls, but nothing worked.Any help?Thanks in advance, and congrats for the great job!

Rafael Henrique Carelli

I also have the same problem. When I first run the 744x passenger or freighter the PFD and NAV they both display then, after 5 seconds or so they fade out. I have tried everything. What am I missing ? By the way" Fantastic job guys " Thanks in advance.Michael Wey

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Try rebooting to get fonts reinitialised in the registry.

Graeme Butler

>Try rebooting to get fonts reinitialised in the registry.>I rebooted and it worked fine ... for a little while, when changing windows they disappear again, or when it becomes night whwn flying. Suddenly GONE!Help support!

Rafael Henrique Carelli

I contacted Support and recieved this reply:Ken-This indicates that you have not properly validated the installation OR you have managed to delete the files that are watermarked with information regarding your validation.I would recommend that you completely uninstall- delete the PMDG747 directories in the SimObjects/Airplanes folder- and start over again. (Do not save ANY files from your previous installation attempt...)PMDG SupportThis worked for me. Thanks again PMDG Support.Michael Wey

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

>I contacted Support and recieved this reply:>Ken->>This indicates that you have not properly validated the>installation OR you have managed to delete the files that are>watermarked with information regarding your validation.>>I would recommend that you completely uninstall- delete the>PMDG747 directories in the SimObjects/Airplanes folder- and>start over again. (Do not save ANY files from your previous>installation attempt...)>>PMDG Support>>>This worked for me. Thanks again PMDG Support.>>>Michael Wey>Hmm... I was having this issue with the Freighters only. I rebooted and it seems to be ok. The Freighters have a light blue digits in the MCP.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest twinturbo99

I am having a big problem with this which isn't resolved by a complete reinstall with deleting of folders as suggested. This only affects the freighter models and currently prevents me using them. the MCP font is blueish which is different to the passenger models. Has anybody managed to get round this problem?. Running VistaMany ThanksCeri Hurlow

Guest twinturbo99

Ok, am i right in saying that the passenger 744 has mechanical MCP digits and the 744 F has LCD digits as it is slightly more modern. in that case the blue digits on the 744F come on only after i havce applied powe from the APU etc. Problem solved for me. Thats it then, everything is running great apart from FSX/Vista related issues ie Blue screen of death on final approach to KSFO after 12 hour flight from EDDF Grrrrrr!!!Ceri Hurlow

Same here - comm/chron/mcp digits are blank in the 747F - comm/chron are blank in the 747 (both for FSX).Rebooting seems to have no effect.