Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

How do I find the flight plans for the new bird?

Guest cliffie1931

In the Flight Plan folder there is an instruction to reinstall in order to extract the Flight Plans.I've followed that instruction but no plans have emerged. Are they on another folder somewhere?Is it relevant to mention that I had uninstalled the FS9 747 before installing the new one into FSX this morning?Cliff

Cliff-We didn't ship any default flightplans with this version....We are looking at setting up a "collective" however- so that everyone can share!Stay tuned!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest cliffie1931

Thanks for such a prompt reply RobertWith my regards...........Cliff

Guest powerglide
Cliff-We didn't ship any default flightplans with this version....We are looking at setting up a "collective" however- so that everyone can share!Stay tuned!
Dear Robert,I am new to PMDG 747X so I apologise if this is a stupid question.Did you set up the "collective" flight plans and if not how do you activate / extract / use the flight plans in the PMDG folder and are these "COROUTES"?Thank you for your helpRichard

I am not aware of a collection of PMDG rte format flight plans. Any that you have in your ...\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS folder can be loaded per the manual by entering the filename, such as KJFKKMEM001 in the COROUTE field (for 737/747).The only stupid questions are the ones not asked, but be sure to use the books.If you are looking for a good source for flight plans then that is a different question. I use flightaware.com in the US for real world flight plans, and there are lots of other sources out there. The thing about flightplans is that they can change from day to day depending on weather, traffic, etc. I suggest you start a new thread if you would like to explore this topic further, there's lots of advice available.

Dan Downs KCRP