Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

744X - NavCycle AIRAC Update Issues ?

Are there any known compatibility issues with existing navdata airac updates from the various sources when applied to the 774X? Or, if they work on the FS9 model, they should working the 744X model?Thanks for setting me straight before I mess-up a clean install of the 744X and updated FS9-744 with 0711 and Dan Downs updates.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi Al,It's the same Navdata as the FS9 version. Richard Stefan/Navigraph's installer is already updated to work with the 400X, (there's a radio button to choose between FS9 and FSX) and sources like Terry's Planepath or Dan Downs's custom files should work just fine too.A for sure way to do it is just copy over the files from your FS9 SIDSTAR folder after performing whatever update... Be aware though that the location of the AIRAC has changed for the FSX version - it's now in Flight Simulator X/PMDG/NavData ...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Roger that Ryan, thanks for the info.Darn, it's gonna be long day at work. Remoted home, got all installed for both FS9 & FSX and now it's just sitting there.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hallo Ryan,After installing the AIRAC 0711 from Navigraph, the data is in the old location. Should i just copy this to the new location? Did something go wrong with my installation or do i have to do this every time i install a new AIRAC?ThanksJAR

Jos van Grevenstein 

21 NM north of EHAM

Duplicate the data in both locations (/FMCWP/NAVDATA = PMDG/NavData and /PMDG/SIDSTARS = /PMDG/SIDSTARS). Too bad this isn't located under My Documents. Oh well, small thing.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've installed 0711 for the 744X and you get a choice on the first screen: FS9 or FSX. Pick FSX and it goes in the right place. If you have both then install it twice? It only takes seconds.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Actually my installation sent it to FSX but to the WRONG folder (and I did check FSX). Copied it over and everything worked fine. It is possible that some parameter isn't set correctly and it could be either on the NaviGraph end or mine.It's an easy fix though.

Yeah, same here - for FSX, the installer puts the files in the wrong folder. I had to manually move the files down into PMDGNavDataI betting it's just a bug in the NaviGraph installer.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871