Sign in to follow this  
Brian Doney

FS9 updates

Hey all.Any chance you'd be willing to make the FS9 updates available via download, and not require an FSX install of the Queen ?I'm totally willing to pay you just as everyone else, I could see it as reserving an FSX copy for use at a later date. But I'm REALLY interested in gaining access to the FS9 updates...you aren't gonna make me buy and install FSX just to get em are ya ? :-violin

Regards,

Brian Doney

Just wanted to add a little note here to any other FS9 users that are interested, at least for now, in only the FS9 updates.I went ahead and purchased the FSX version anyway, even though I didn't have any confirmation of whether or not I'd even be able to access the updates. The installer definitely looks for a SP1 or later version of the FSX.exe. Registry tricks will only work so far as to get you to the point where the installer does this version check, where it will then abort leaving you no option, at least at this point, to buy/install FSX.To PMDG: It was my choice to go ahead and purchase, knowing full well I may not be able to access the update without an FSX install. Regardless of whatever decision you make, I'm glad to have supported further development of the Queen, even if I can't see any of it right now.Having said that, I am begging you to find a way for FS9 only users to gain access to the update while still protecting the product. I understand the need to tie the updates in with the FSX purchase, but please, consider opening up the installer, after order verification, to allow the FS9 updates to be extracted for those that do not have/wish to have an FSX install at this time.Thank you for your consideration, and congratulations on the release :-beerchug

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest flymia

I'm in the same boat. I went ahead and purchased it this morning without FSX. Oh well. I'm not upset but it would be nice to get access to the fix. Now I'm sitting here debating a trip to get FSX. I actually downloaded the demo and looked at it for the first time. Not impressed. It looks very much like an Xbox game, but that is something I'm sure has been discussed elsewhere and not for this forum.Cheers,

Same here. I'm not planning on getting FSX anytime soon but use the FS 9 Queen all the time. I would gladly pay for the FS 9 747 update.

Hi Brian,thanks for pointing me to it :). Indeed, it would be awesome to get that FS9 update, without having FSX installed. I am falling under those who use Vista and I'd rather stay with FS9.PMDG-Team, if there's any chance to bring the FS9 update to FS9-Only-Users it would be fantastic. I would even pay for it. Of course a lower price than the dsicounted FSX version would be appreciated :).I am eagerly looking forward to hear 'Approaching minimus'. Isn't it funny how small things can make people happy? :Dbest regards,Christian

Only thing I'd add is that I'm not going to niggle over the price, after all, if it wasn't for FSX development, the update wouldn't even exist, and the purchase does still entitle you to an FSX installation at some point.I just hope something can be worked out.

Regards,

Brian Doney