Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

FS9 performance from -400X

Hi,What kind of performance improvements are the -400X owners seeing on their newly updated FS9 -400?The change list mentions optimizations to lessen the load on the system, does this manifest itself in frame rates or smoothness? I deleted FS10 from my HDD a long time ago and don't plan on loading it anytime soon, but curious as to how the great FS9 -400 is running w/ the new 'patch.'I'd be willing to pay for a FS9-only update, if it improves what's already a great model....Thanks,PatAMD Opteron DC 185 @ 3GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, 7800GS-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, RaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, WinXP-sp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest 3202b

Personally, I've noticed a big improvement in the overall smoothness of the sim. Framerates seem more stable too, I have my sim locked to 40FPS and it never drops below 39.5! I'm very happy with the FS9 update.B

Just curios as to what is the main thing increasing FPS? I have my frames locked at 25 and the sim is smooth and hardly drops below 20. Do you have the FO displays switched off? cos this can be done with a simple panel cfg edit.Rob Prest

Rob Prest

Thanks for replies, sounds like the (bonus) update runs well.------------------Dear PMDG:Can loyal FS9 -400pax+F customers purchase the -400 update? Or perhaps have it bundled with FS9 MD-11? I'm sure there's a market for this.Thanks,PatAMD Opteron DC 185 @ 3GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, 7800GS-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, RaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, WinXP-sp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest joyschtik

Yep, flying is more accurate, I think they improved on the algorithm as I do not lose altitude during turns anymore. FS9 used to dive -900 -1200 fpm during 20-25AoB turn in circuit work. It had to be compensated by 5-6 degrees nose up.All good now. Worth the upgrade, definitely.

I have had a 100% increase in frame rates in flight (40-45 FPS) and about a 50% increase at airports like KJFK, EGLL, etc. (28-33 FPS). Before the patch, I always ran about 18-21 FPS constantly in both airspaces...great patch!!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png