Sign in to follow this  
cklink

747X - Exit contact points off

Just noticed that the jet way and baggage carts don't line up on either the pax or cargo models. Easy enough to fix, but thought I'd let you know.I like the perfromance matrix document you guys did, nothing beats being honest an open about expected perfromance. My rig came pretty close to as expected on the chart (even a little better). With FSX leaving us very little for headroom, telling us what to expect in this manner is a very much appreciated.Regards'Garett

Hello ,Same Problem here..........Found to fix the jetway and setted my Doors openingsthis way here on Pax model:Shift E front Main doorShift E1 front CargoShift E2 aft CargoShift E3 second front Main doorbut can`t get the bagage cars to level to the opencargo doors ( engines are off )Tried many diffrent code parameters ; no luck yetDid you get the bagage cars to work ?Are you able to offer your findings ?Would be nice.......regardsMario G

Hello ,any news about the bagage car movement and orthe settings parameter ?regardsMario G

LOL - I'm sure the boys are plenty busy at present. This is a minor detail with bigger fish to fry I'm sure. I already changed mine before I made the original post with these settings. (Oops - sorry Ryan) This is a minor issue, and I'm sure he wants find out why they changed (and if these effect anything else) before we all go hacking the cfg. I made a back up of the original of course before editing the following. If you don't know where these go, you probally shouldn't be changing them. ;)Pass Door w/Front Cargo Doorexit.0 = 0.4, -31.0, -9.0, 4.5, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)exit.1 = 0.4, -44.0, 8.0, -8.75, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)-OR-Pass Door w/Aft Cargo Doorexit.0 = 0.4, -31.0, -9.0, 4.5, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)exit.1 = 0.4, -149.0, 7.70, -8.50, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)I used the rear aft cargo door as then the baggage cart doesn't drive though the engine pod. (as it does with using the front door)This was just a quick job, I'm sure the'll fix this up properly in the future.Garett

Hello Garett , allfirst off all thanks Garett for setting up this code and sharing them with us.Now here i want explain some things that i found out ,for those sort off people like me because it take me hoursto find out how the PMDG door mechanism works in FSX.OK first i tried the new code from Garettstarted up.........and #### ,the bagage car was not starting to the cargo doors so i tought for me it has something to do withthe doors setting in the PMDG modul.First i setted the "All Entrys Open" to Shift-Efollowing Entry 1L , Entry 2L , Entry 1R , all Cargoto 1,2,3,4.Now by Pushing Shift E 1,2,3,4 those Entrys openedbut the bagage car still not moving.Now for test , i deleted all Doors Entrys in the PMDG moduland Pushed Shift E 1,2,3,4 and for shure no door openedbut the bagage car moved to the right place.OK , at now the light comes up to me.........For woking doors you should leave the FS entry by FSand set the doors in PMDG modul with other entrys.For Example i used: Entry 1L , Entry 2L , Entry 1R , all Cargo;Shift-F1 , Shift-F2 , Shift-F3 , Shift-F4 That means if you want the Truck to move to the Cargo door you have to push:Shift E 1,2,3,4 and after thatShift-F4 for only cargo doors opens.For the other doors the necessary entrys have to pushed aswell( Entry 1L = Shift-F1 ) in my case.Hope this helps all, having ths same probs like mebecause this is a tricky mechanisum.......took me a while to find out.I am adding here a new camera view ,for those who likes to see thebagage car moving action near the cargo door , from outside.CameraDefinition.6 ( don`t forget the bracket )Title = "Cargo Doors View"Guid = {A302F6D1-181A-44e0-AB7E-6504E4298908}Description = Starboard enginesOrigin = CenterSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FALSEPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FALSETrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 1.0ShowWeather = YesInitialXyz = 40, 4, -50InitialPbh = 5, 0, 325XyzAdjust = TRUECategory=AircraftMomentumEffect=TRUEClipMode=Minimumset this after the CameraDefinition.5 entryin your aircraft.cfg for PMDG`s 747 and you should fine.Woww......long story here....regardsMario G

Thanks for the Camera Def ! Don't forget Engines must be off (I make sure fuel cut of is off on all four engines regardless) with parking break set or the baggage handling won't come after the Shift E then 2 command. (And of course you must be parked at a spot that actually has the lift/cart at it)And the cargo doors open won't open unless you have ground power on, or fired up the APU and after its going depress the two buses (APU Available lit)Have Fun,Garett

Garett ,> Thanks for the Camera Def ! Your welcome !!All those things ( Engines must be off , Bus Avail showed up ect.)where like it should , but no chance here .Only worked like i explained above.....Have funregardsMario G