Sign in to follow this  
Ray_the_pilot

Unable to locate fsx.exe

Hello,Thank you for another great product and for the discount and FS9 747-400 update.Unfortunately I have run into a problem. When I am going to start the installer, I just get the message "Unable to locate fsx.exe. Unable to install." When pressing OK, the installer shuts down.I have all my flightsim related files on a different harddrive than my WinXP. I thought this might have caused it, but it doesn't give me a chance to redirect the installer.Any idea what I can do about this? Right now I'm simply not able to install.Raymond

Ray-This error indicates that you do not have a valid FSX entry in your registry...If you don't have FSX installed- the installer will not run because it cannot properly configure itself.I'd start there!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest AirbusFanatic

Apologies for the slightly inappropriate username!However, I am having the same issue as noted above. I have FSX installed, however it is also on a different drive to my XP installation. I can also find a location for it in my registry, and it correctly points to the correct drive and installation location.RegardsMartin

Guest gerrit

Hello PMDG,I have got the same proble as Raymond. I get the same message unable to locate FSX.exe,after that the window shuts down. Where and how can i change my windows vista registry?I have found some support here and used the same line but it does help.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator10.0]"SetupPath"="C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFSX"++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Guys,Same problem for me, XP on Drive C and FSX on Drive E. I understand why the message (fsx.exe not found) appears but do not know how to fix this in the registry. Any help will be appreaciated.Thanks and regardsWilliam

Hi All,Problem solved, used the FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool. to solve the problem.ThanksWilliam