Sign in to follow this  
Guest legbeforewicket

Problem with FS9 AFTER FSX update

Guest legbeforewicket

Dear all,I have my FSX 747 running fine. However, I still use my FS9 as my main sim. Since buying the FSX version and the update for FS9 , the FS9 version has stopped working!FS9 runs as normal, all other add ons are working, however with the 747 it starts to load, airac data etc then just a blank screen - after 2 mins then FS instructs that there has been a problem annd to start again.It was working fine until the FSX patch that came with the new a/c. I have no problems with the FSX version...ThanksAndrew

Guest legbeforewicket

Thanks...anyone else with this problem. Will try reinstalling both and see what happens.Andrew

Hi Andrew,I'm seeing the same issue as you. I'm currently in email dialogue with support. If we find a solution I'll post back here.RobinOswestry, UK

Guest legbeforewicket

Cheers Robin,I have uninstalled FSX version and the update for FS9 however when I go back into FS9 version I get the MCP! nothing else - just a black band downwards to the bottom of the screen.In the process of reinstalling.If you find anything please let me know.ThanksAndrew

The FSX installer/uninstaller completely deletes a bunch of FS9 registry entries seemingly at random - we've reported this to ACES and it was not fixed.You're gonna have to reinstall FS9, sorry. I had this happen personally about 4 or 5 times during 400X beta, it's a really bad problem, but it's totally out of our hands.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan,Thanks for the info. Do you think a repair install will suffice? I don't relish the prospect of having to put back all my addons especially as it's only the updated 747 that's having the problem.Robin.

Guest legbeforewicket

Ryan,Do I need to reinstall all of FS9 or just the 747? My FS9 seems to work fine...will test again and report back,Now, where did I put the fs9 747 files? ThanksAndrew

Andrew,You can try the repair install, that might fix the registry. Will probably want to reinstall the FS9.1 update too.Reinstalling just the 744 won't do it, there's FS9 registry stuff that's machine specific that has to be there for the 744 to work.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest legbeforewicket

Thanks Ryan,Oh well...reinstall time it is then. However, what happens next time?Once fully reinstalled then I try to install the 400x update for fs9 will this happen again? Will I not be able to get the update on mys system?Maybe I should just leave the reinstall until the updater is fixed? It does mean that I lose my FS9 747 though...I can still fly in FSX no problems.Finally, sorry for being a bit dim but how do I repair my FS9 Install?ThanksAndrew

Hi AndrewNo need to reinstall fs9 if you bought your 747 before 29 dec 05. I have exactly the same problem after installing the update. All i did to get the 747 back up and running was to.... 1.uninstall the fs9 747 update which caused the problem. 2.uninstall the fs9 pmdg 747. 3.Re install the fs9 pmdg 747. 4.reinstall the fs9 747 universal update to v1r10The 747 in fs9 is now back up and running fine. tried several times reinstalling the update again but each time it caused that crash. I wouldnt recommend running again if you did have to do a full fs9 install again.You could just try uninstalling and reinstalling the 747 if bought after 29 dec 05 but i dont know if having the seperate updater is the reason why why I was able to get it to work again and Ryan couldnt.Ryan is this problem being looked at again by PMDG or have declared this to be a MS problem?Gary

Guest legbeforewicket

Thanks Gary,Problem solved. Reinstalled the a/c in order described and now have a fully working FS9 747. I will not be "installing" the 400x enhancement until it is resolved. I have used the FS9 747 without problems for ages so no worries if the patch cannot be applied.My older 737 a/c also are working again. super!Thanks for your help.Andrew

Thanks for the tips Gary. I have only just tried the Queen in FS9 and had the same problem, i.e. FS9 would crash after the Queen partially loaded.However I found that uninstalling the latest 747 update and then just running the 'Universal Update to V1R10' cured the problem without uninstalling the FS9 747.Dave