Sign in to follow this  
Sharpedge

Download problems

Good evening from Bristol,I have used the email link to log into the PMDG download site and have successfully started downloading the new 747 for FSX. When the download gets to 3.99MB the download box reports that the download is complete when it obviously is not. I have tried this twice on my desk top and twice on the laptop (each with diff virus/firewall software). I think this may be due to the high load on the servers right now with half the sim world trying to download the Queen. Is any one else having the same problem?RegardsJustin

Justin Paull

Guest WEA-JHD

I'm having the same problems too, have tried over 10 times to download now, i even got to about 96% once..RegardsJan

Guest akashic flying

Me too....Been trying for 2 hours and about 25 times....still cant download the thing. Downloads some, then boom - stops and times out.Hopefully they will add some mirror download sites soon. This is crazy!!!

Guest andyman

Try to clear your browser cache and start a fresh download, or just use a better browser like Firefox...If you actually are using a decent browser, it is probably the fault of the PMDG servers.

Guest Patiko

I am having the same problem and I use Fire fox. I have tuned off the firewall, reset the router, tried another computer and even tried using a download manager. Very frustrating. On one attempt got to within 2 mb of finishing!David TomsIntel E6850, XFX 8800 GTS, 4 GB DDR2, Vista Business

Me too.. the entire PMDG site seems to be sluggish, my download rates decreased to under 90kb/s then stopped with an error msg that said server connection reset (MSIE). My bandwidthplace test ran 1.16mb/s so I guess we might try drawing straws to see who gets to download next.On my second try I get the store error message.On third try it takes two min for site to answer initial call. It failed too after about 20 min.Only thing to do is try again later.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Eagletail

I'm having similar download problems, as well. The download box has shown that things are complete anywhere between 28k and 106MB! I've tried downloading for hours now, and will probably have to wait until tomorrow to try again.

Guest WEA-JHD

This is getting way too frustrating.Seems like PMDG wasn't prepared for the downloads..RegardsJan

I am sorry to reply to this thread to report that I have also failed twice now to complete the download.Got to ~40M first tryOnly got to ~22M next try.I will keep at it.Jeff Williams

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Guest akashic flying

>This is getting way too frustrating.>>Seems like PMDG wasn't prepared for the downloads..>>Regards>JanAGreed! You would think after the problems caused by the original fs9 release (it even crashed avsim) they would have some savy servers to handle the load. At least give us mirror sites PMDG!!!! AS i type this once again my download has stopped. Grrrr.

Guest Mnarboe

Signed!Tried 10-ish times now without success.Rgds,Morten Narboe

I am happy to report download success on 5th attempt. Installation into FSX appears to have worked OK. The FS9 update failed however. I will look into it later.Regards,Jeff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Can you guys all write back here and confirm that the problem is resolved for you?(we're testing a fix)Thanks!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Got it!Maintained a steady transfer rate all the way through. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP