Sign in to follow this  
Vic1

please see screenshot

I have an ATI (Radeon X850) that isn't doing that. I just downloaded the latest from them and if you do this DO NOT install the Catalyst Control Center!! Besides that, I recommend the latest driver but don't think that's the problem.Looks like to me, the areas are similar to surfaces that are lit by landing lights and logo lights except the intended affect has soft edges and blends into the contour when it's working right. Maybe trying some different display settings (towards quality) might help.

Dan Downs KCRP

Kav,We need some more information here to figure out what's going on:Could you please email me the PMDG_747_fuse_Right_T.dds file from the C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesPMDG747-400texturefolder along with a screenshot of the contents of that same folder and one of the contents of the "model" folder that's also in the PMDG747-400 folder?Email to:rmaziarz@precisionmanuals.comWe think there may be an installer error here that's only affecting certain machines.Thanks!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryanthose items have just been sent to your email addressthankskav

Ok guys,I think I know what's going on here - please all of you who are having this issue check your Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesPMDG747-400texture folder.There should be 111 files. 1 texture.cfg109 .dds files1 thumbnail.jpgIf you have any more or less files besides these your install is corrupted. Did any of you by chance try to install an FS9 747-400 livery into FSX?Kav, your texture folder has a ton of .bmp files, which are not even used in the 400X but were in FS9. My suspicion is that you probably tried to install an FS9 livery and that's how those got there. Some of the screenshots in this thread have FS9 textures in them. If those did get installed, then the 400X uninstaller will not remove them, which explains how you're still seeing them even after a reinstall.So... I'd like you guys to try this:1. Uninstall the 400X and any 400X liveries you may have installed.2. Manually delete any of these folders if they still exist after the uninstall:Flight Simulator XPMDGFlight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesPMDG747-400Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesPMDG747-400F3. Reinstall the 400X by running the installer. Do not attempt to install any liveries. Check and verify that the plane looks correct.4. Install liveries but make absolutely sure you're installing the FSX version of them. FS9 liveries are not compatible, do not try to install them to FSX or drag them over from your FS9 install folders.Let us know if this resolves the issue.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

RyanI think you have solved this issue in my particular casehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179695.jpgit all looks fine now so thankyou very much for the brain storming, and sorry that it was all caused by my stupid mistake some time back by installing the wrong liveries in to fsxthanksKav