Sign in to follow this  
Guest ross744

744X W/FS9 Updates... Callout Problem

Guest ross744

Hey Guys,I must start by congratulating all of you involved with the development of the 747-400X. It is fantastic! :DI use FSX alot more now than I used to, however, I still use FS9 as my primary FS (for my VA). Anyhow, I installed the 744X and FS9 update and initially had the 'missing' digits problem on the Radio Stack and Chrono. Then I saw that a simple restart would fix that and it did. Now however, I dont get the "Approaching Minimums" on landing :( I tried twice, but no joy.Everything else looks in good order im pleased to say :D checked out the Dome lights on during daytime - very effective :)Any ideas on the GPWS Callout would be great :)ThanksRoss Spargo

Regarding "approaching mins" (on FSX):Can you please confirm that you have that option checked in the Options menu?Thanks,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

>Just curious, why did you guys omit "approaching mins" from>the initial release?I believe it's a carrier option...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Indeed I believe it is. I hear it used in almost every 744 landing video. If it is indeed as prevalent as in my experience it seems odd that it was not initially included.

I think that callout is now very common. Before when PMDG was first planning the FS9 747-400, it might not have been too common until airlines started to upgrade their avionics. Sort of like how we have the ON/OFF for anti-ice but the three-way ON/AUTO/OFF switch is more common now a days.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest ross744

>Regarding "approaching mins" (on FSX):>>Can you please confirm that you have that option checked in>the Options menu?>>Thanks,Hi,Yeah it worked ok on a quick flight on FSX... just not on FS9?I looked under the PMDG menu > Sounds but I couldnt see an option to either enable or disable the callout.Just out of interest, where is the README file for the FS9 update?Thanks

Same here.BTW, the performance and smoothness of the 747 in FS9 has been very improved , at least in my system; no more micro stuttering during take-off roll (ex. Seattle Tacoma) or when reverse is working at dense airports...Thanks for it.Best. Miquel Egea.

That sound was added for the FSX version only. Sorry, but it wasn't technically feasible (well- it was, but the time restrictions didn't allow it) to retrofit into the FS9 version.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest ross744

Hi LefterisThanks for letting me know about the callout (no need to worry anymore ;)).Yeah, I seem to be getting smoother performance w/ the FS9 Update now also :D Thanks for that :D

>That sound was added for the FSX version only. Sorry, but it>wasn't technically feasible (well- it was, but the time>restrictions didn't allow it) to retrofit into the FS9>version.There wouldn't happen to be an off chance we could see it in FS9 eventually, is there?Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

>That sound was added for the FSX version only. Sorry, but it>wasn't technically feasible (well- it was, but the time>restrictions didn't allow it) to retrofit into the FS9>version.Lefteris at the txt file of the FS9 it says"*NOTE: The primary purpose for this update is to give bring some of the fixes and efficiency updates that are native to the FSX 747-400 version. Some of the FSX specific behaviors, such as animations, special effects and certain lighting effects are not present in the FS9 version because they are not native to the FS9 environment. The list below has been modified from the FSX version to include only those updates and behaviors that should reasonably appear within FS9. We have provided this update as a service to those loyal customers who have purchased both products, as we wish you to have themost enjoyment of the PMDG 747-400 product line on both platforms! Thank you for your support!1) Allowed user selectiable optimization to show/hide VC F/O display gauges depending upon user preference.5) GPWS code to allow disabling of specific altitudes depending on configuration6) "Approaching Minimums" callout added7)Fuel add/remove logic improved to allow user to directly type entry of fuel quantity in PMDG Options menu."According teh abve these features are included in the FS9 version. Am I wrong on this?Chris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi, If the sound is not there as written in the update list, will it be added in the future? Jan-Paul

Guest 3202b

I saw that in the readme too...also there is now a approaching min wav file in the FS9 PMDG sound folder... it just doesn't seem to be working for me in FS9.Another user here with much better performance in FS9 with the new patch..the stutters I always have had have all but vanished!B