Sign in to follow this  
Guest gilbnx

Strange performance with the 744X

Guest gilbnx

I'm performing my test flight right now and I've noticed few differences from the B744 on FS9...1. During take-off roll, using the TO/GA button (the screw in the MCP) the aircraft accelerated so quickly that the readback for V1, Vr, V2 was in less than 0.5 seconds between them... I never seen the B744 accelarated that quickly in FS9 (and I had a much higher frame rate with the FS9).2. During the climb using VNAV, the aircraft ignored the restriction of 250/10000 entered and accelarated to overspeed. Even when I forced to maintain 250 below 10,000 - the fpm rate was sometimes as high as 4,500 or 5,000 - again this was somewhat not realistic. FS9 was more smooth and used to climb out at 1,800 to 2,500 depends on altitude and speed during the climb.3. Now I'm at 33,000.. VNAV screen on the CDU shows OPT altitude of FL389 however in VNAV the aircraft can hardly climb above 35,700(if it tries to climb higher - the speed drops). In FS9 I had no problem to climb to the relevant altitude (close to OPT alt.).4. While at FL357, I am showing MACH 0.82 and GS shows 545 (no winds). Again, I am not as expert as others here but usually FS9 would indicated lower GS at that FL for MACH 0.82... am I wrong here?It looks like I have a B744X on steroids..Am I doing something wrong? any other settings required in FSX?Gil.

Guest gilbnx

Three more items to add to the list:5. On the manual precision landing, the controls were over-sensitive compared to the 744 FS9. A slight movement of the yoke and the aircraft immediately responded with a quick turn... the FS9 gave the feeling of a 'heavy aircraft'.6. On the ground, at the gate, I could not get the external power available indicator. I was at the gate with the jetway connected to the plane but even after few minutes with the APU running (engines were shut down) no external power was available...7. At some point in earlier flight, I was just practicing pattern work... Weather was bad with low visibility and in one of the base turns i was very low and ended up crashing into a hill which was obscured by clouds. Usually I would have a Terrain alert with "Pull up" call out. In this case - nothing was alerting me. Is this needs to be switched on somehow?Hope there are some explanations and maybe I misconigured something...Thanks,Gil.

Could you do that experiment again please.. but check the menu with the fuel and payload in it to make sure you have a significant payload.. I imagine you don't have a payload.. my sim loads with 0 as the payload.. Typical figures for fully loaded are:Business Upper - 7,300 lbsBusiness Lower - 8,000 lbsEconomy - 61,600 lbsCargo - 63,000 lbsMake sure those figures are in there.. and then try it.. I think your performance might be reduced then. If it's still this bad.. maybe something else needs tweaking?CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest gilbnx

Thanks Craig,Indeed it was a mis-calculation of weight for some reason.. I think I updated my FMC but changed some figures later on with the Load Manager program; forgot to make sure FMC is updated.2nd test flight went well (I need to get used to the responses of the new FSX on my computer...)One thing which is still look a bit strange to me in this 2nd flight (I also saw it during the first flight)... I was cruising at .813 and TAS showed about 554 (if I remember correctly). This seems faster than the figures I saw on FS9. I wonder why.