Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

APPCRASH on exit

Here is the error message I get when ending a flight and shutting down FSX: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: PMDG_747400_Main.DLL_unloaded Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 47210106 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 30806a20 OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033Read our privacy statement: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409 My information:OS: Windows Vista UltimateCPU: Intel Core2 X6800RAM: 4 GB of PC6400Graphics Card: Radeon HD 2900XT (1 GB DD4 Memory Edition)Sound Card: Creative XFiHelp is appreciated.Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

The song remains the same...I forgot to mention that I use FSX with Acceleration/SP2.this is still an issue, please help.Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Also,Checking "Run As Administrator" in Vista doesn't make any difference.Is this the place for support or should I send an email?Jeff

Jeff Bea

Perhaps someone at PMDG will render an opinion on this?Jeff

Jeff Bea

My fatal error lives on...I allowed the Visual Studio 2005 debugger to reveal the line of code where the problem is occuring: case AfxSig_v_v_WINDOWPOS: (this->*mmf.pfn_v_v_WINDOWPOS)(reinterpret_cast(lParam)); break;This is from a file called "wincore.cpp"Eny time I "end flight" with the PW -F model, I get this fatal error.Also, using the Process Monitor from sysinternals.com (the recommended replacement for FILEMON for Vista), I see several of these failed calls regarding PMDG_747400_Main.DLL:Sequence: 622887Date & Time: 10/30/2007 4:58:59 PMEvent Class: File SystemOperation: QueryOpenResult: NAME NOT FOUNDPath: G:FSXPMDG_747400_Main.DLLTID: 2628Duration: 0.0000104Clearly the "Gauges" subdirectory is missing here.Jeff

Jeff Bea

Guest andyman

Sadly, the same error happens with a certain developer's 737-300. It is quite a pain.

As I (patiently?) await a PMDG representative to acknowledge my problem, I have gone ahead and done some testing:Here are my results:Test Airport: KSPI (Springfield, Illinios)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Test #1 (default -> 744PW pax -> end -> exit)Events: Use Ultralight -> Change to 747-400 PW Pax -> End Flight -> Exit ProgramViews Selected: (VC -> 2D -> Spot - Locked Spot -> 2D)Comment: There is a loud noise when the panel loads, it seems like it is from the aircraft hitting the ground. Graphics flash quite a bit in both cockpit and external views; this settles down after a while.Result: OK----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Test #2 (default -> 744PW F -> end -> exit)Events: Use Ultralight -> Change to 747-400 PW Freight -> End Flight -> Exit ProgramViews Selected: (VC -> 2D -> Spot - Locked Spot -> 2D)Comment: There is a loud noise when the panel loads, it seems like it is from the aircraft hitting the ground. The animation for the engines continues after the panel engine indications and sounds have stopped (this occurs when the 744 F is selected). Graphics flash quite a bit in both cockpit and external views; this settles down after a while.Result: Failure (The APPCRASH with PMDG_747400_Main.DLL occurs)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Test #3 (default -> 744PW pax -> 744PW F -> end -> exit)Events: Use Ultralight -> Change to 747-400 PW -> Change to 747-400 PW Freight -> End Flight -> Exit ProgramViews Selected: (VC -> 2D -> Spot - Locked Spot -> 2D)Comment: There is a loud noise when the panel loads, it seems like it is from the aircraft hitting the ground.Graphics flash quite a bit in both cockpit and external views; this settles down after a while.The animation for the engines continues after the panel engine indications and sounds have stopped (this occurs when the 744 F is selected). Result: Failure (The APPCRASH with PMDG_747400_Main happens)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Test #4 (default -> 744PW F -> 744PW pax -> end -> exit)Events: Use Ultralight -> Change to 747-400 PW Freight -> Change to 747-400 PW -> End Flight -> Exit ProgramViews Selected: (VC -> 2D -> Spot - Locked Spot -> 2D)Comment: There is a loud noise when the panel loads, it seems like it is from the aircraft hitting the ground.The animation for the engines continues after the panel engine indications and sounds have stopped (this occurs when the 744 F is selected). Graphics flash quite a bit in both cockpit and external views; this settles down after a while.This test fails before it is even possible to select the pax version.Result: Failure (The APPCRASH with PMDG_747400_Main happens) Unable to even make it to the pax version.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Test #5 (default -> 744PW F -> default -> end -> exit)Events: Use Ultralight -> Change to 747-400 PW Freight -> Change to Ultralight -> End Flight -> Exit ProgramViews Selected: (VC -> 2D -> Spot - Locked Spot -> 2D)Comment: There is a loud noise when the panel loads, it seems like it is from the aircraft hitting the ground.The animation for the engines continues after the panel engine indications and sounds have stopped (this occurs when the 744 F is selected). Graphics flash quite a bit in both cockpit and external views; this settles down after a while.Result: Failure (The APPCRASH with PMDG_747400_Main happens) Unable to even make it to the Ultralight.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Test #6 (default -> 744PW Pax -> default -> end -> exit)Events: Use Ultralight -> Change to 747-400 PW Pax -> Change to Ultralight -> End Flight -> Exit ProgramViews Selected: (VC -> 2D -> Spot - Locked Spot -> 2D)Comment: There is a loud noise when the panel loads, it seems like it is from the aircraft hitting the ground.The animation for the engines continues after the panel engine indications and sounds have stopped (this occurs even when the 744 Pax is selected). Graphics flash quite a bit in both cockpit and external views; this settles down after a while.Result: OK--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Conclusions: it is not possible to exit FSX cleanly using the Freight version of PMDG's 747-400X as the panel crashes fsx.exe everytime it is used. You can use the freight configuration, but you can't cleanly exit the sim.The Freight panel looks different but uses the same panel DLL?I would comprehensively test more versions, but I paid money to enjoy the product, not to conduct further regression tests on it. In any case, that was all I could do for tonight.Please, someone from PMDG, acknowledge this problem and assist me in a solution. I am only interested in the Freight version and that is the version I can't run.I should also note that I did a fresh name-order defrag of this drive before running these tests. Also, the drivers for my Radeon HD2900XT are the 7.10 version (which is the most recent).Thank you,Jeff

Jeff Bea

Uhmm... knock knock?I can't believe a PMDG person hasn't seen this thread yet...I can even accept an "I don't know yet" answer.Thank you,Jeff

Jeff Bea

Please forgive my ongoing conversation with myself... I am trying to avail myself of PMDG support in the forum labeled thusly.I just finished 3 hours of messing around in the 744X pax model (the default house model) and then switched briefly to the 744X freight model and DIDN'T get the crash! I don't know why to be honest.It is still touch-and-go.I realize it's early days, but I've seen posts made after mine get Ryan's attention, mine goes unaddressed. I'll continue to work this problem and post here in hopes of customer support from PMDG.I have a cargo doors issue but I'll make a new post on that matter.Thank you kindly,Jeff

Jeff Bea

Jeff-You apparently haven't invested the 30 seconds required to read the forum posting guidelines pinned at the top of the forum. If you HAD- you would reminded yourself in your ongoing conversation that said guidelines mention that not all posts will be answered.Now- I recognize that your presence here would indicate that you need help- and your repeated indignant responses to yourself would further indicate that you feel you should receive immediate and preferential treatment- but that isn't how this forum works.Now- as for some feedback: The information you have provided in your many posts has been reviewed by a few of us- and found to be mostly meaningless. You are the only report that we've seen of this behavior- so my ten years experience helping people via this forum leads me to believe that what you are experiencing is something unique to your local machine, your setup or some addons you have installed...So- how best to proceed? Give us some information on what addons you have installed- what order in which they were installed- and wait to see if anyone else ALSO joins your post to say "yeah- i'm seeing this too!" If we have ideas- we'll let you know. But please don't expect us to contribute to a conversation when we have nothing to say! We're TOO busy for that! ;-)(Seriously- if you watch this forum- you'll see very quickly when a "pattern" develops- and it is those patterns that we address most aggressively because they are where the problems are!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

My recourse for service on issues is:email or this forum.I have done both.I can't see how "PMDG_747400_Main.DLL_unloaded" is meaningless as it actually points to the exact method/function within the PMDG-747400_Main gauge/library which is causing a fault.I did extensive tests to narrow the problem to just the gauges on the Freight version on the main panel. I provided a lot of information in hopes that it would give clues. Your answer is that none of it is helping you. Okay. I couldn't predict that, so I had to give it a shot.Towards your request for more information:My add-ons are:FSUIPCAcceleration/SP2Active Sky Xfsgenesis mesh for FSX for North America/WorldI did a full re-install of FSX and of Acceleration/SP2 this past weekend in anticipation of the release of the 747 for FSX. This included a full defrag as well.I realize your pattern strategy but since it has been about 48 hours since release, I decided to document my own trouble as thoroughly as possible.Perhaps it is local to my machine... I can try a reinstall (FSX, FSXACCEL/SP) and find out.Jeff

Jeff Bea

Okay,I've just spent another 3 hours or so on this problem.I removed everything to do with MSFS completely.I installed RTM, then SP1. I also installed each SDK (RTM and SP1a) as I like to tinker.There is NOTHING else in this install - no FSUIPC, nothing.I continue to get this error:Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61355.0 Application Timestamp: 4643ee0a Fault Module Name: PMDG_747400_Main.DLL_unloaded Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 47210106 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 32e56a20 OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033Read our privacy statement: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409 I have removed all traces of the BCDEDIT /3G "trick" and I am back to as many defaults as possible. My drivers for my video card are up-to-date as is my directx.This only happens with the Freighter, the one I want to use, and not with the pax version.I hear in your response to me that my problem, being a singleton at this time, doesn't warrant a great deal of your focus. If that is the case, then I am a discouraged customer as I have spent the entire night looking for a solution. Whomever wrote the gauge DLL might at least examine the error and consider a possible cause.Perhaps I was DOA with the stern warnings against Vista use. That's unfortunate as I am among many whose new computer came with Vista.In any case, thank you for acknowledging the problem and offering some advice.Jeff

Jeff Bea

Guest Jambo

sounds to me like either a dll.xml problem or similar problems happened with FScopilot being installed and a certain part of it being active, unselecting it stopped the error from occurring.Im not too sure how to help you here, having done full reinstalls, only thing to mention when you do a uninstall, is that the FSX uninstaller doesnt remove everthing, so any folders or files that have been added since your intial install remain, and when you reinstall they will still be there. Just to give you hope I run FSX on Vista 32 ultimate, with a measily AMD64 single core, ati-x1950 512mb and 2GB ram. and although not amazing performance, it is good enough to fly both the 747 and levelD767. I have a triple boot sytems, Vista for normal stuff, XP for my old FS9 and a VISTA with nothing but FSX(with each of these installed on their own harddrive)New year will see me taking advantage of the next gen DX10 cards and quad processors, lets just hope i dont get all the problems these supersystem users are getting now, because my oldtimer system is great!! James Carr(EGBB ATCO)

Hi James,The problem is limited to using the Freight model only. Unlike the other APPCRASH victims, I am suffering from the error on unloading the 744X freight.At the urging of a support email from PDMG I have:1) Uninstalled FSX/ACCEL (I manually cleared out everything from the fsx install folder and actually sought out entries regarding PMDG in the registry and deleted those too)2) Reinstalled FSX RTM - SP13) Ensured that NOTHING else fs-related was installed4) re-installed 744Xthe problem persists. I didn't do this just once, I've done it 3 times today.One thing I notice is that PMDG remains a trusted vendor each time I re-installed because I said "always trust" PMDG.this is what my dll.xml file looks like right now (with FSX/ACCEL/SP2 installed now):[pre]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">  <Descr>Launch</Descr>  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>  <Disabled>False</Disabled>  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>  <Launch.Addon>	<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>	<Disabled>True</Disabled>	<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>	<Path>..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dll</Path>  </Launch.Addon>  <Launch.Addon>	<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>	<Disabled>True</Disabled>	<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>	<Path>..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dll</Path>  </Launch.Addon>  <Launch.Addon>	<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>	<Disabled>True</Disabled>	<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>	<Path>..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dll</Path>  </Launch.Addon>  <Launch.Addon>	<Name>PMDG Options</Name>	<Disabled>False</Disabled>	<Path>PMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dll</Path>  </Launch.Addon>  <Launch.Addon>	<Name>PMDG Events</Name>	<Disabled>False</Disabled>	<Path>PMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dll</Path>  </Launch.Addon>  <Launch.Addon>	<Name>PMDG Sounds</Name>	<Disabled>False</Disabled>	<Path>PMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dll</Path>  </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

[/pre]and this is what the {trusted} entries in my fsx.cfg look like:{Trusted}G:FSXPMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dll.baohbikblzklnatowkukobolwlottrrearewkahi=1G:FSXPMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dll.lliriutiuoqlcbriuzlqiaqkrncaqobuecewoqez=1G:FSXPMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dll.eilzbwuikbcuentwocalwrwchlcuauzqwitculzu=1G:FSXGAUGESPMDG_747400_Main.DLL.rqhnilrihblnknbiewcqntkiolqerwtwuizothqt=2G:FSXGAUGESPMDG_747400_ACS.DLL.ktbkzkoiauklhwrrezhucubnqruutznwkhlntbht=2G:FSXGAUGESPMDG_747400_Overhead.DLL.ntzaiolqkcbitzohthtllwioorbcqncbbrcrrqwc=2G:FSXGAUGESPMDG_747400_Center.DLL.tulueezqkinbureohznbhunzchtaatqleheweret=2I can assure you that being the only guy facing a problem like this isn't fun. I also can't get any doors to work, but that's another matter.Thank you for your interest,Jeff

Jeff Bea

Jeff,Your files look fine to me.Have you looked into whether or not this could be a hardware issue? Bad RAM can cause application crashes like this - might be worth downloading a copy of http://www.memtest86.com/download.html and running it overnight to make sure your RAM doesn't have a problem. It's a CD image that you burn and then boot from...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com