Sign in to follow this  
Avantime

(744X) All CRT screens goes blank a few secs after load...

For some reason all the CRT screens go dead a few secs after loading, and it's impossible to get them back on again. The FMS CDU is useable though.AFAIK there were no faults, All buses powered, standby power @ auto and battery on.

Guest chriswhiteuk

I have got the same problem. The first 12 hours I did not have a hitch, and then suddenly my CRT screens go blank after about one minute. Very frustrating.Chris

Gents-this is a validation issue. You must have mucked around with something that causes this problem. "Suddenly after 12 hours" simply cannot happen :-).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest chriswhiteuk

so what do I do then?The only thing I did was installed the acceleration software from Microsoft.By the way...great response time. Thanks chris

I would reinstall the PMDG 747-400X if I were you :-).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

You're right Lefteris, I forgot to mention that I went back to the installation exe to install the 'free flightplans' (via modify installation) and I unchecked everything but the flightplans. Unfortunately the installer ended up uninstalling the aircraft. :-erks I reinstalled via modify installation again and that's where the problems started I think.Of course now I know from the forums that there really wasn't any extra flightplans. Still a bit cheeky for PMDG to include a readme in FSXPMDGFLIGHTPLANS that said "The ones we have created for you can be extracted by running the 747-400 installer again!" which is basically asking people to tinker with their installation.

Guest chriswhiteuk

So....I delete 747X...reinstall..and the same problem....so rip out everything FSX, acceleration, the lot. Reinstall the lot. This time I get a new problem...a fatal error...so check the dll file in user/ etc/ fsx. add the text you described in another post on fatal errors and still getting the fatal error. Not my day really. Any clues?Chris

Guest chriswhiteuk

But after doing it all again...VICTORY!Thanks and sorry for being a bore!Chrisnow do I dare to download some livery???